Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Local/Online setup

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I do all this process with Hamachi, will it work? or will I have to port forward with Hamachi too? (asking just incase)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I do all this process with Hamachi, will it work? or will I have to port forward with Hamachi too? (asking just incase)

It works, just port forward in case u your friend did not connect.
Make sure that your friends edited host file.

Reaction score
Hey guys, i managed to connect my brother on wireless connection on my server, but has some issues on channels saying "'too crowded" and unable to make any mission for him, maybe wireless is the problem? If some1 can connect to my server i'd be really grateful! ip : VindiAlex.homepc.it
paste this to hosts file:

VindiAlex.homepc.it mhtwcheck.garenanow.com
VindiAlex.homepc.it hereospatch-gm.nexon.com
VindiAlex.homepc.it shop.heroes.garena.tw
VindiAlex.homepc.it service.garena.tw
VindiAlex.homepc.it heroes.garena.tw
VindiAlex.homepc.it image.garena.tw
VindiAlex.homepc.it gamelog.heroes.nexon.com

It sounds like you modified the DB connection keep the database connection string as 127.0.0.1,1433.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a50699a4015ef4495de315fd8e13c8b3 - [Tutorial] Local/Online setup - RaGEZONE Forums

any idea why it doesn't let me connect to heroesop tool?

I tried even with firewall off, same result

if I change the heroesoptool config to 127.0.0.1 instead of my Hamachi lan ip, it works... why?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
a50699a4015ef4495de315fd8e13c8b3 - [Tutorial] Local/Online setup - RaGEZONE Forums

any idea why it doesn't let me connect to heroesop tool?

I tried even with firewall off, same result

if I change the heroesoptool config to 127.0.0.1 instead of my Hamachi lan ip, it works... why?

server/HeroesOpTool/HeroesOpToolConfig.xml
server/HeroesOpTool/HeroesOpTool-GM.xml
server/zh-tw-x-gm/Bin/ServerCore.dll.config
Read this tutorial again, change all lanip to your hamachi ip.
Your hamachi network must be a local network, check your antivirus if hamachi is local or not.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
server/HeroesOpTool/HeroesOpToolConfig.xml
server/HeroesOpTool/HeroesOpTool-GM.xml
server/zh-tw-x-gm/Bin/ServerCore.dll.config
Read this tutorial again, change all lanip to your hamachi ip.
Your hamachi network must be a local network, check your antivirus if hamachi is local or not.
thanks for the help but I solved it by allowing Hamachi on firewall and reinstalling Hamachi, for some reason that worked.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
why do I need to port forward if I use Hamachi? that ruins the point of using Hamachi for me, cause I can't port forward the router is not mine and I don't know the password and username, I can't see the server in-game on my laptop (server is run on my desktop pc) both laptop and desktop pc connected to Hamachi without firewall issues

is there a way to play on the same network without port forwarding? 2 computers same network, I tried everything.. the server doesn't show up in-game on the non host pc

Last edited:
Reaction score
why do I need to port forward if I use Hamachi? that ruins the point of using Hamachi for me, cause I can't port forward the router is not mine and I don't know the password and username, I can't see the server in-game on my laptop (server is run on my desktop pc) both laptop and desktop pc connected to Hamachi without firewall issues

is there a way to play on the same network without port forwarding? 2 computers same network, I tried everything.. the server doesn't show up in-game on the non host pc

With hamachi you don't have to port forward. all your friends need to do is edit their hosts file and add the hamachi ip and connect to you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
With hamachi you don't have to port forward. all your friends need to do is edit their hosts file and add the hamachi ip and connect to you.

i tried everything, i followed your tutorial exactly as you wrote it with using hamachi and using the hamachi ip as lan ip, and every time i try to enter the server ingame with the other pc it doesnt list any servers at all

i even turned off firewall to see if thats the problem, and it wasnt

Reaction score
i tried everything, i followed your tutorial exactly as you wrote it with using hamachi and using the hamachi ip as lan ip, and every time i try to enter the server ingame with the other pc it doesnt list any servers at all

i even turned off firewall to see if thats the problem, and it wasnt

It's not showing a server list because either your web server is not on or your client .ini file does not have the hamach ip. An easy way to check is to type your hamachi ip into a web browser if it doesn't show up something is wrong with the web server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's not showing a server list because either your web server is not on or your client .ini file does not have the hamach ip. An easy way to check is to type your hamachi ip into a web browser if it doesn't show up something is wrong with the web server.
41557097fe9cf7384dadc0154713e4c0 - [Tutorial] Local/Online setup - RaGEZONE Forums

I wrote the Hamachi IP on internet, and this is what came up. is it wrong?

also in the WWW folder of wamp, I changed both endpoint.txt inside zh-tw-x-gm too, to my Hamachi ip, did I do it wrong?

also this is my hosts file things :
25.12.153.244 mhtwcheck.garenanow.com
25.12.153.244 hereospatch-gm.nexon.com
25.12.153.244 heroespatch-gm.nexon.com
25.12.153.244 shop.heroes.garena.tw
25.12.153.244 service.garena.tw
25.12.153.244 heroes.garena.tw
25.12.153.244 image.garena.tw
25.12.153.244 gamelog.heroes.nexon.com

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
check if other pc can ping your server, if it works then you are doing right.
open cmd, type ping ip , replace ip with your server ip (in this case is your hamachi ip, the one u run server on)
Just edit host files and u can login on other pc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
check if other pc can ping your server, if it works then you are doing right.
open cmd, type ping ip , replace ip with your server ip (in this case is your hamachi ip, the one u run server on)
Just edit host files and u can login on other pc.
destination host unreachable, request timed out

also every time I launch the server my RCCconfig.xml IP returns to something else instead of my Hamachi IP, no matter how many times I change it when I start the server it changes back to another IP...

Last edited:
Reaction score
destination host unreachable, request timed out

also every time I launch the server my RCCconfig.xml IP returns to something else instead of my Hamachi IP, no matter how many times I change it when I start the server it changes back to another IP...

Destination host unreachable means that it is not able to communicate to the server pc so you must resolve this before you can continue. It could just mean that the hamachi app is not working you might have to reinstall it.

I know before when i was using hamachi it doesn't work 100% all the time sometimes you may need to recreate that network or restart it sometimes.

also it does look like the web server is working, but instead of browsing directly to the root website try
Code:
http://hamachi_ip/EndPoint.txt

if it pulls the txt then there is no reason as to why the client shouldn't grab the server list

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Destination host unreachable means that it is not able to communicate to the server pc so you must resolve this before you can continue. It could just mean that the hamachi app is not working you might have to reinstall it.

I know before when i was using hamachi it doesn't work 100% all the time sometimes you may need to recreate that network or restart it sometimes.

also it does look like the web server is working, but instead of browsing directly to the root website try
Code:
http://hamachi_ip/EndPoint.txt

if it pulls the txt then there is no reason as to why the client shouldn't grab the server list

Yeah that works, but now everytime my friend clicks start game inside the game, there is no server list and it gives me this error
78c2cecc3d25517044661db5a0428194 - [Tutorial] Local/Online setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
Yeah that works, but now everytime my friend clicks start game inside the game, there is no server list and it gives me this error
78c2cecc3d25517044661db5a0428194 - [Tutorial] Local/Online setup - RaGEZONE Forums

The no server list is a weird problem, did you get your friend to try to browse to that link?
if your friend browse to the link and gets an error or don't see it then for some reason he/she can't see it on their end.

he/she can still login without actually seeing the server list i have tried it cause i forgot to run my web server at one point. that login error is good it means there is communication between the 2 computers & it is normal everyone gets this error. There are 2 reasons as to why he/she cannot login and it is because the firewall is blocking communication or you have a program blocking communication for me it was both i disabled my firewall and i also stop Apple's software running in the background take a look at my, "Common Errors tutorial" it will have a screenshot to show you how.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The no server list is a weird problem, did you get your friend to try to browse to that link?
if your friend browse to the link and gets an error or don't see it then for some reason he/she can't see it on their end.

he/she can still login without actually seeing the server list i have tried it cause i forgot to run my web server at one point. that login error is good it means there is communication between the 2 computers & it is normal everyone gets this error. There are 2 reasons as to why he/she cannot login and it is because the firewall is blocking communication or you have a program blocking communication for me it was both i disabled my firewall and i also stop Apple's software running in the background take a look at my, "Common Errors tutorial" it will have a screenshot to show you how.

we both disabled our firewalls, and for some odd reason Hamachi works fine for both of us now, we can ping eachother just fine, and he can enter the he doesn't have the apple service thing, we checked in services.msc, nothing, and we both disabled our firewalls, we get connection in every way possible but when he clicks "start game" it doesn't even show the username and password, it just says this right away
Aznkidd235 - [Tutorial] Local/Online setup - RaGEZONE Forums

Back