Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Local/Online setup

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MY SERVER able DO WORK ONLINE but MY FRIEND CAN NOT CREATE THE MISSION FOR BOAT WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
my teamviewer
872 480 019
thanks bro!

Hi! @roswell47n
Which connect your server? LAN/VPN or Hamachi or Domain?
Because My friends aren't connect my server. :(
How to setting you? (I want to solution)

Teaching me plz!

I have tried 2 days ago. :(

Skype ID or Teamviewer say to me~ ^-^

++add i know solution of boat error!!

MY teamviewer
872 480 019
THANKS bro!

1- my friend but Connects CAN NOT CREATE Mission.
2 = I Can not log me Together with my friend .
3 My two friends entered and NOT managed to see on colhen . ONLY managed to Total Price : Add to friend .
PoDE me please help ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
HELLO!I WOULD LIKE TO SET UP SOMEONE KNOW Tunngle , WHERE SHOULD PUT THE IPS FOR RUNNING THE SERVER ?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone setting up their servers use Hamachi? I just wonder if we still use that unlimited trick to get more than 5 players on the same network by adding extra one. Those YouTube videos seems from 2012. Maybe newest Hamachi have prevented from doing this trick?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows which programs to allow on Windows basic firewall from the host system to make LAN work? I disabled firewall then my laptop can log in fine but when I turned firewall on again on the host system. It will kicks players out. I've allowed herotools and NMService.exe from servers on my firewall rules but still didn't work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used Evolve, make a room for lan game, copy/paste evolve lan ip to some files, just follow the tutorial where the LAN IP is.
And your network must be local network to allow people to connect.
And people that play with you must have their host file edited with your lan ip to forward their connection to your LAN IP.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh cool, that sounds like good LAN party :) I think it was the loginserver.exe have to be allowed on my firewall. But I cant see to find it anywhere in the server files. So I have no choose to disabled my firewall.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think you should allow hamachi in firewall setting or whatever lan party you are using.
If people can ping you via your LAN IP then it is fine.
Btw you must edit your host file with your LAN IP too, to forward connections to your LAN IP

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just use simple LAN IPs it works fine. Just the hosting needs to allow particular programs through the firewall. It's like blocking by firewall that's why client couldn't connect in. So, if you are using evolve. You will need to open ports for other people to join the game? Or it's same as Hamachi?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just use simple LAN IPs it works fine. Just the hosting needs to allow particular programs through the firewall. It's like blocking by firewall that's why client couldn't connect in. So, if you are using evolve. You will need to open ports for other people to join the game? Or it's same as Hamachi?

If it is LAN then you dont need open ports.
Play around with firewall setting then

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If it is LAN then you dont need open ports.
Play around with firewall setting then

Yeah, I will.. gotta find out which programs needed to allowed on my firewall. Firewall off is just too dangerous. Worms and viruses could comes in anytime.

Currently, I'm testing servers with my bros on LAN. He got a new laptop 2 days ago.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check the services, if u have run server in localhost, u need to stop "Remote Control Client Service" and "Remote Control Server Service" and run it again with edited RCConfig.xml, if u dont know how to stop it, enter this in to CMD (run as adminsitrator):
NET STOP "Remote Control Client Service"
and
NET STOP "Remote Control Server Service"

then run InstallService.bat again

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check the services, if u have run server in localhost, u need to stop "Remote Control Client Service" and "Remote Control Server Service" and run it again with edited RCConfig.xml, if u dont know how to stop it, enter this in to CMD (run as adminsitrator):
NET STOP "Remote Control Client Service"
and
NET STOP "Remote Control Server Service"

then run InstallService.bat again

What are you talking about? You don't even know about firewall?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah the better way of doing it is figuring out how to resign HFS files and editing the featureMatrix client side then you would just
replace the fields in teh client with the correct ip/hostname. However since nobody has done that since the early days of vindictus... your burnt and have to use the host file replacements.

Is there a tutorial on this anywhere and one for making a patcher to so i can push out the modified hfs files to my friends clients.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone hosting with Hamachi? I think Arena does not work with this guide. But worked fine with LAN IPs. I changed everything according to this guide but can't enter Arena. Still getting `Awaiting for Hosting... then ends with server delayed messages.

Edit: look like I was wrong. I think my host PC with WiFi adapter preventing from working.

I've tested on my ethernet LAN connection which has the same as my WiFi adapter connected to my router.
I changed everything same as my WiFi adapter Host only different is the Hamachi's IP, of course. Arena just worked like this and my Vindictus client sit on C:\ instead of D:\ from a new laptop with Windows 10 for test purposes. Still can enter Arena, even the settings isn't same as this guide told http://forum.ragezone.com/f946/help-pvp-arena-dont-1107992/
It's not DMZ from my router either. I haven't play much with that settings.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everytime i change RCClient.xml he just stay 127.0.0.1, i'm unnable to change it, why is that?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Everytime i change RCClient.xml he just stay 127.0.0.1, i'm unnable to change it, why is that?

Turn off RCClient and RCServer in services.msc, make your changes and restart the services

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Delteros, got it, but still not working with friends, is the problem because i'm hosting from a Virtual Machine? (I did configure everything, I Guess.)
Oh, and I've tryied to use a DNS Dynamic (No-IP) but no sucess too

Edit1: I did everything, got ports opened on mine Modem, put in the links on service with the IP, but no changes, and I've checked about Apple Services too.

Last edited:
Back