Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Online/WAN channel/boat problem fix

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any help with setting server wan ip and play without proxy?

edit:
I managed that problem in DSservise. It loads your server machine main ip and then transfer this to clients as adress to connect to
I did not find any configs to change this. Maybe some dll files?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm telling about server connection without vpn
I made port forward. Problem that port 27015 works fine with wan ip but when you enters game server force client to connect to channel port 27003 on lan server ip 192.168.1.110.
Players from wan side can not connect to channel becouse server force them to connect to lan ip ( mine 192.168.1.110 in exemple ) insted of wan ip
When server starts it select 1st computer ip ( lan ip behind router ) and tell clients - "hey this is ip for channel connect, do it"
Patchouli - [Tutorial] Online/WAN channel/boat problem fix - RaGEZONE Forums

For test I changed server machine lan ip to any other like 192.168.1.12...255 without any server config edit and server always get this ip on start and force clients connect to channels to this ip.
Seems like it is in server core exes or dlls. If you'll place server on machine with direct connect to provider ( without router ) you can easyly connect without vpn , couse server'll start on your wan ip and'll send this ip to clients for channel connection

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm telling about server connection without vpn
I made port forward. Problem that port 27015 works fine with wan ip but when you enters game server force client to connect to channel port 27003 on lan server ip 192.168.1.110.
Players from wan side can not connect to channel becouse server force them to connect to lan ip ( mine 192.168.1.110 in exemple ) insted of wan ip
When server starts it select 1st computer ip ( lan ip behind router ) and tell clients - "hey this is ip for channel connect, do it"
Patchouli - [Tutorial] Online/WAN channel/boat problem fix - RaGEZONE Forums

For test I changed server machine lan ip to any other like 192.168.1.12...255 without any server config edit and server always get this ip on start and force clients connect to channels to this ip.
Seems like it is in server core exes or dlls. If you'll place server on machine with direct connect to provider ( without router ) you can easyly connect without vpn , couse server'll start on your wan ip and'll send this ip to clients for channel connection

in that part of the Vindictus client always tries to connect the lan ip, I think it has some DLL you need to edit the client managed to synchronize the external IP.

if you can fix the problem, leave a fixed post that will be welcome :thumbup:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
IS NECESSARY EDIT MMOChannelService.dll she is the problem in conection.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
IS NECESSARY EDIT MMOChannelService.dll she is the problem in conection.

That's not the problems, if you are using VPN it solved any problems. Which means probably router or we need the missing ports that needed to forward... so I thought it was working. It works only you are the host of the server. But others who connects to your server through your public IP will face this problems.

Back