Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] a simple summary before 2019March

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Because there are too many things and editons here, just make them a simple summary.

Just call it EU1b9...:lol: to converge.

these files are all from here, and thank everyone's helps~~~

it based on EU169, a lugh's editon including Delia

you can make it work on host, vmware, local network or internet.

-for wrong password =============================================

it depends on GCP(google cloud platform), and it should work too in a real server computer ,Azure or AWS.

if you use vamare, local network...etc, just follow a rule:

make endpoint.txt founded success.

that means : stomething like: would be read correctly.

and its internal IP should be same as server's IP, like:

i would talk more or make update in this post latter

=============================================

1.how to add somethng like:hair, inner, avater, item, equipment, dye

it may conflict with official's database...

so maybe just using official's database's information is a good way.

it just teachs us how to manually add items..... to add something we make~~~

I would update it, too~

2.add equipment we make...continuted

190815: there is a easy tutorial

the detail:

i can't test boss' action correctly anyway...so i give up. xD

3.how to modify BOSS's activity...continuted

=============================================

also, there are some bugs, leakages or something like avaters, inners, hairs, armors which could be add in EU1b9.

just like known bugs from me:
190323 updated: 1.can't finish the quest.....I would try it....
1.cann't make a lugh's boat
2.mai's inner can't replace automatically when wearing mai's equipment (it would talk more latter)
3.we can't make color of mai's inner stable
lol, does anyone know it XD?

my next goals:

****add other avatar, equipment, inner...etc
**update the setting for windows' and GCP's firewalls.
**how to make a launcher to log in to manage accounts properly. (token)
***how to add new quests
***is possible to make a new quest I create?
***how to modify animation (I used SFM, GMOD, CSGO, alienswarm; but all were failed)
*****how to add Neamhain's death skill or make character freeze debuff (this relates %client%\bis\server.dll) (hook like nexon_api.original.dll)
like:

every questions, suggestons, something you update are all welcomed~~~
actually, i didn't test them strictly:lol:

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will try when I have free time. I had tried to open server on VPS before but it not success. I see you use porttunnel program.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice! some cool info about db3 nice tutorial. I have my server already running last year but just basic delia server without new stuff.
That is because the bug stuck in battle after finishing with the apihook (nexon_api.dll).

Ive only use the delia patch (bip hack) where this bug wont exist.
I realy want to modify the code scrips for the character class to revamp like the official server. For now just play original client and i can only modify the heroes.db3 to add sum nice stuff.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nice! some cool info about db3 nice tutorial. I have my server already running last year but just basic delia server without new stuff.
That is because the bug stuck in battle after finishing with the apihook (nexon_api.dll).

Ive only use the delia patch (bip hack) where this bug wont exist.
I realy want to modify the code scrips for the character class to revamp like the official server. For now just play original client and i can only modify the heroes.db3 to add sum nice stuff.
can you send me delia patch that you use ? i got stuck in battle too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can you send me delia patch that you use ? i got stuck in battle too.

Its better reinstall the client and extract the rar content "client" map to your vindi.
use ur own heroes.db3

overwrite bin, bip icudt56.dll, icuuc56.dll vindictus.exe uptodateinfo2.dat
sql directory you db3 file. since its original client ya may have problems with materials

I was thinking making a VMBox vindi server ready to play with client. Just a original server client1.69
Those who want to try out run quick vindi server.

Last edited:
Dragonica Guy
Reaction score
Btw, where can i find a working client file with a server files? last time i checked i couldnt find any seeders for the previous torrent, is there any way for a direct download for a compatibble client with files? if yes could anyone link me a link to both the files and client? :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here ya go

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
client crash after login again. if i start with new id it's fine to play but after exist and try to login again my client will crash :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was thinking making a VMBox vindi server ready to play with client. Just a original server client1.69
Those who want to try out run quick vindi server.

Please can you provide a working VM for Server. I use VMware ESXi. Thanks :):

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
followed this tutorial and it works fine :)
some notes:
-followed the tutorial on vmware and downloaded windows 2016 server datacenter evaluation copy, sql 2017 express and smss18. didnt have to use portTunnel here
-when using navicat and ctrl+f i dont get the 2 textboxes for find and replace, i have to tick the checkbox on the right side first
-couldnt unzip your client because of wrong password (tried "TKSeveryone@http://forum.ragezone.com")
-no sp bar? i saw there wasnt sp bar on your example images too
-stuck in battle bug just like xlmansox, i didnt really pay attention to lynnlover's solution just tried it once and it didnt work... guess i did something wrong
-its really easy to use the smss to search for ItemName and get its ItemClass. its in heroes -> dbo.ItemClass table. you should mention that too in this tutorial
-also please mention that you can push items which are already enhanced and enchanted for example greatsword_s2ep3_skeletone[ENHANCE:15][PREFIX:explosive][SUFFIX:judgment]
-i guess this will save some time for peaople:
items:spirit_injection_lvl1 = elemental stone
spirit_injection_lvl2 = intermediate elemental stone
ticket_training=practice mode coupon
ES:
balanced=well-balanced
fervor=enthusiastic
protection=master

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-for portTunnel, it is used for internet connect.
if use vmware solution in host, it doesn't need.
-for navicat, yap my picture didn't mention right checkbox which means feature for replacing something
-for wrong password

-no sp bar
maybe i would test it in someday(?
or like the following mention for wrong bins
-stuck in battle: i guess it because of wrong client bin\* which are from zh-CN(2016-04-25) client
i used them to let "nexon_api.dll" work
it seems they are not matched... when finishing quest XD
thank you for your help. now i am busy, so i wouldn't update or test them soon.
maybe in July, i would be more active~~

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey, got the solutions for the sp bar and exit battle? will help greatly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry sir, i have no idea. maybe just because the bins.
you can delete the folder bin, and copy the folder crc, then rename the crc-copy folder to bin
and edit the bin\engine.dll with Hexeditor like:HxD.
like this:
and delete the nexon_api.dll
and rename nexon_api.original.dll to nexon_api.dll

it would be good, but it lose the function which can read the data\ firstly rather than HFS\

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any updates on the missing SP bar/exit battle issue?
Using your provided client/server files locally I can connect to channel 1 and make boats but there's no clear message that lets you leave the battle after killing the boss.

Is it because I'm not using port tunnel?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any updates on the missing SP bar/exit battle issue?
Using your provided client/server files locally I can connect to channel 1 and make boats but there's no clear message that lets you leave the battle after killing the boss.

Is it because I'm not using port tunnel?

First thing the SP Bar issue can be fixed by putting any skill in the 'X' or 'Z' Quick-Skill slot. Once a skill has been dropped onto the Quick-Skill slot on your skill bar it should reappear.

For the battle ending issue, Zomdex made this helpful post in a different thread that helped me with that. It seems like you need to change the Gamecode in the server files to match what you're using for your client.

Hi, for all those who have these problems :

- The quest always start on normal difficulty whether I choose hard or hero difficult. -
- After few completed quest, the results board will not display when finishing the map and cause stuck.

This solution work only for en-us-x-gm but you can adapt it to all other region code like zh-TW, en-US, ko-KR, ...

So in start.bat, the line should be :

vindictus.exe -stage -dev -lang en-us-x-gm -noupdate

What you must do is replace the US gamecode "33615900" by the EU gamecode "50393116" at the row gamecode in the column EN-US-X-GM in your featurematrix table in both heroes.db3 and heroescontents.db3(located in heroescontents for heroescontents.db3).

And

There is a row in
featurematrix in both heroes.db3 and heroescontents.db3 which is enEU, enUS, koKR, ... Be sure that the only row between enEU, enUS, koKR, ... in the column EN-US-X-GM set to 1 is enUS.

ALSO

In the server side, in the file at Server\zh-tw-x-gm\bin\ServiceCore.dll.config, check the mutiple places in the file where it is written gamecode. When you find gamecode with a number, be sure that it's the EU gamecode "50393116" not US gamecode "33615900"or any other gamecode.

It shouldn't broke anything already implemented and it will fix all the issues. And it shoudn't broke anything related to items or costume with the tag en-US or en-EU, ko-KR, ...

Back