Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Vindictus EU 1.65 Client/Server setup

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
John, i never was able to create Hagie from chara creation so x example i created 1st a Lann. then go to database heroes with navicat or mssql or smth like that open character info then change your lann class to "9", next time you login you will have hagie instead lann

Oh? That more like exchange mercenary. I thought I heard someone already did successfully added Sylas to our new Heroes.db3? Maybe the heroes.db3 from patchouli already had it unlocked? But it just didn't synced between this new EU Vindictus 1.65 client?

I will try to synced it and let you know it's going to be able to create Sylas.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe yours heroes.db3 already synced with the server ones by default I setup the server and using that MHTW client but never got any of these errors. We can use the tool to replace that heroes.db3 inside HFS files right? Or I can only extract it from the client and replace the merge ones?

EDIT: I got it now, the problems is I whenever I creating a new mercenary I can only pick the first default hair for that mercenary, if I picked second hair to last it just give an error code. but for Sylas nothing seems to work because the heroescontents.db3 didn't have him unlock.
Patchouli, can you unload your heroescontents.db3 for the server and that hfs files contained heroes.db3.comp? I don't know why mine got the error code n that annoying Notice! Failed to login in messages all the time.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm just using Gvy's at the moment. I haven't tried Sylas recently.
Prior to using this EU version I had him working and did the tutorial stage as him.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm just using Gvy's at the moment. I haven't tried Sylas recently.
Prior to using this EU version I had him working and did the tutorial stage as him.

Strange, im using his too but still encounter these two errors. I think the heroescontents.db3 from the server isn't synced well with the heroes.db3.comp from the EU Vindictus client 1.65. I haven't test on any new hair add with GM command get. I hope it doesn't gives an error code.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean I haven't tried Sylas with Gvy's last released heroescontents.db3 yet.
I'm currently messing around with getting the latest US version to work with Gvy's March 2016 bin files and stuff. I can do a lot more with the client now that I know how to get modified HFS to work.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ooh cool, but I still like the EU client more because we can do more combos and jump. Are you able to get the latest EU client from their official site to work with our server files? I wonder if you are able to get delia adds too if the modify hfs works for her or it's the new server files we need to have her in?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You should be able to set the US client to jump by editing the client database and turning on XE/premiere? mode, or whatever.
Just copy those table values from the EU version to the US version. Or run the US client in EU mode.
Latest EU client should still work as long as you use Gvy's bin files and stuff.

Delia won't work until someone figures out how to get the newer bin files to work with our server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So as you said on the other thread, I decided to try out this guide and use the NA Client

It's pretty much working fine, except for this issues:

- when logging into town theres some SQL error related to some combat stuff
- the UI is messed up, it didnt completly disable the old UI

on the plus side, compared to the old TW client and the old server heroesContents.db3, the armors now show up correctly ingame (they were invisible in the body)

I'm using the bin files and heroesContents.db3 on the second step in this guide, are there any others I should use to fix those 2 bugs?

Anyway, goodjob, this is a nice progress

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So as you said on the other thread, I decided to try out this guide and use the NA Client

It's pretty much working fine, except for this issues:

- when logging into town theres some SQL error related to some combat stuff
- the UI is messed up, it didnt completly disable the old UI

on the plus side, compared to the old TW client and the old server heroesContents.db3, the armors now show up correctly ingame (they were invisible in the body)

I'm using the bin files and heroesContents.db3 on the second step in this guide, are there any others I should use to fix those 2 bugs?

Anyway, goodjob, this is a nice progress

rename or move UpToDateInfo.dat to a different location. To fix the UI and the chat you have to extract the client's database from 286FE9924483F382029EF68BA6C260B3C2563BF9.hfs and go into the FeatureMatrix table, set ChatRenewal and AdvancedUI to NULL and set NGM_disable and NGM_local to 1

then repack the .hfs file (include a .txt file with random letters to make the .hfs file bigger than before) and put it back into the hfs folder in the client.

I can share my .hfs if you want but it's from the latest EU client so it might not work for you but if you are too lazy or can't manage to do the above steps I can give it to you :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
rename or move UpToDateInfo.dat to a different location. To fix the UI and the chat you have to extract the client's database from 286FE9924483F382029EF68BA6C260B3C2563BF9.hfs and go into the FeatureMatrix table, set ChatRenewal and AdvancedUI to NULL and set NGM_disable and NGM_local to 1

then repack the .hfs file (include a .txt file with random letters to make the .hfs file bigger than before) and put it back into the hfs folder in the client.

I can share my .hfs if you want but it's from the latest EU client so it might not work for you but if you are too lazy or can't manage to do the above steps I can give it to you :)

I tried moving the UpToDateInfo.dat out of the gamefolder, and what happened was that during the game launch, the Vindictus square would stay in screen forever, on top of everything, until I'd close the game

I also tried moding the hfs but there was this CRC error..

I'll try to remake the hfs one more time from the ground up and see if I can solve it Edit: Now that I edited the hfs all over again it doesnt even load the game and gives an error on the compress buffer.. I even tried adding extra files inside to make it bigger
Edit2: Ok the extra junk I added wasnt big enough, I'm back at having the loading logo not disapearing, despite the game loading on the background without crc errors.. So yeah apparently deleting the UpToDateInfo.Dat for me is just causing this issue despite fixing the crc, but it turns obviously unplayable because of the overlaying starting logo

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried moving the UpToDateInfo.dat out of the gamefolder, and what happened was that during the game launch, the Vindictus square would stay in screen forever, on top of everything, until I'd close the game

I also tried moding the hfs but there was this CRC error..

I'll try to remake the hfs one more time from the ground up and see if I can solve it

Oh yeah, you have to delete/rename/move _usa_splash.bmp in the media folder, then the logo doesn't appear

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh that did the trick for me :)

Now I need to fix the error related to the combat stuff, I think I read something somewhere regarding it already, let's see..

EDIT: Found a bug, I can't depart on Braha/LordGlas/Lugh, it just times out when I press start, and sometimes even making the boat itself gives error with party info..
EDIT2: Regina disapears when the battle starts, so it becomes just an empty battle arena xd
EDIT3: It seems pretty much all battles are bugged, Keaghan has a wall like the Elchulus24 blocking the entrance... Maybe it's due to that Combat SQL error, I should try and fix that

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@nultar, what's the benefits of using latest EU client than the ones(EU 1.65) mentioned by patchouli with Gvy's new bin? Did you just updated that EU client 1.65 to latest with the nexon manager?

Edit: Does modification hfs only worked for TW client?
I've tried all the steps on other topics about how to replace heroes.db3.comp inside a client and rename or move that UpToDateInfo.dat out of the client folder but it still gives me an error when trying to start.bat game. It said about can't read the uncompressed hfs. I'm trying to replace that heroes.db3.comp from patchouli's 1.65 setup server here.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think modification works for all clients if you use Gvy's bin folders.

If you use a newer client you get more data stuff like more costumes, but only if the server has a database that's got the same data or newer. You also get stuff like Vella's rebalancing.
But you'll need to modify the database to turn off the newer GUI or your GUI will be messed up.
And you still need to use an older bin folder, which means no Delia.

I will see about writing a guide for modifying the database HFS later, if nobody else does it first.
It'd be nice if I could figure out why it doesn't work for the other HFS.

For the meantime you can use my latest NA client database HFS here:

Pass is rz

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think modification works for all clients if you use Gvy's bin folders.

If you use a newer client you get more data stuff like more costumes, but only if the server has a database that's got the same data or newer. You also get stuff like Vella's rebalancing.
But you'll need to modify the database to turn off the newer GUI or your GUI will be messed up.
And you still need to use an older bin folder, which means no Delia.

I will see about writing a guide for modifying the database HFS later, if nobody else does it first.
It'd be nice if I could figure out why it doesn't work for the other HFS.

For the meantime you can use my latest NA client database HFS here:

Pass is rz

Cool, I will test it out and hope yo get rid of that pop up failed to log in and characters creation code errors lol. Im using everything provided by your guide.

EDIT: tested, it just said failed to load uncompressed sql/heroes.db3 error just like did to repack and unpack using that VZipFlip and trying to replace the default EU 1.65 client heroes.db3.comp with the ones from your guide here.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah I basically used the latest EU Client because of new costumes and the Vella revamp :)

Cool, I will update my EU client 1.65 to latest too. Can you share your heroescontents.db3 and heroes.db3.comp hfs? Or you are using a default heroes.db3.comp that patched from the client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cool, I will update my EU client 1.65 to latest too. Can you share your heroescontents.db3 and heroes.db3.comp hfs? Or you are using a default heroes.db3.comp that patched from the client?

So did everybody successfully update their EU client to latest? I updated mine to latest NA but got error:
"file is encrypted and not a database / null virtual machine pointer" error after changing heroes.db3 hfs 's featurematrix andchatrenewal to null, advancedui to null , ngm_disable to 1, ngm_local to 1, repacking the hfs and using it as the main database.
Haven't tried with original database hfs though, thought it would be pointless before Ein rach update this week.
Also beside client error HeroesOPtool didn't load everything properly.

Should I try with latest EU instead of NA?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Changes made:
Old UI
Old Chat
No "Login Failed" Message
Bunny Girl Set equipable

I think that's it

Last edited:
Back