Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Armor Auras and Particle Effects

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey all. I've imported all of the armor sets beyond v 1.69, and I'm trying to get the auras to work for things like the Dark Sorceress set and the Deathknight Set.

The set should look like this:

qPQflHy - Armor Auras and Particle Effects - RaGEZONE Forums

However, I'm having difficulty getting the smoke/aura particles to render in game.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi

- If you don't know where to put the effects then, you have to open the .mdl from the deathknight set, you can use crowbar. It will give you a .qc in which there is the path for the effects .efx. The .efx contains all the particules effects used.

- If you have correctly place the effects, but blues effects doesn't show up in game on the set, check the costume type. The EU version has blue effects (costume type = 849), whereas the korean version doesn't have it(costume type = 816).

For deathknight set and some other sets, you must have recent version of stdshader_dx9.dll and stdshader_dx8.dll with all shaders imported otherwise some effects won't show up !

I hope this answer will help you :):.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi

- If you don't know where to put the effects then, you have to open the .mdl from the deathknight set, you can use crowbar. It will give you a .qc in which there is the path for the effects .efx. The .efx contains all the particules effects used.

- If you have correctly place the effects, but blues effects doesn't show up in game on the set, check the costume type. The EU version has blue effects (costume type = 849), whereas the korean version doesn't have it(costume type = 816).

For deathknight set and some other sets, you must have recent version of stdshader_dx9.dll and stdshader_dx8.dll with all shaders imported otherwise some effects won't show up !

I hope this answer will help you :):.

Ah, I see I see. Ok. So in the QC it gave me file paths, however the effects files are not located in those paths. Instead, the hfs extractor I used placed those in "PATH_NOT_FOUND" -- For anyone else who was having issues like myself.

EDIT: How unfortunate-- In copying those files to their appropriate location, it's only rendering half of the effect, the speckled portion:

hPz4Hi - Armor Auras and Particle Effects - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Don't forget we are using an old client, that mean there are a lots of missing new effects. You have to put by yourself, all those new effects taken from newer clients in your data folder. For example, all the effects used by the deathknight set are written in :

- data/effects/avatar/deathknight/female_deathknight_head.efx

- data/effects/avatar/deathknight/female_deathknight_upper.efx

Check the entire .efx file ,and search line like those :

"material" "effects/smoke_ani_03_A"
"material" "effects/fire_ani_03"

This is .vmt and .vtf file, once you have extract them from hfs put these effects in :

data/materials/effects/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ah I see I see. Copying the entire effects folder fixed it for me, I'll have to go through and pin point the specific ones. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Back