Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Chat messages not working

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys can someone help me ?
I am playing with a friend on local network.
Everything works fine except for the chatting part. We always get "message failed", even with whispers.
I am using EU 1.69 client with Delia fix.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

try to edit featuremarix in server and client's db3 like this

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Party Chat is broken in the 1.69 files that Delt released fixing it requires at least a basic knowledge of C# and DLL modification

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@mgt2000

For whispers, make sure UseTalkService is disabled in the DB
To fix party chat, you need to update the structure of the PartyChatMessage packet (PartyChatMessage.cs in ServiceCore) and add a byte/boolean (use dnSpy or .NET Reflector if you don't have the source).
The structure of a handful of packets had changed between 1.64 and 1.69.

I hope this is better than the nonsense from Tannaka, who doesn't seem like he wants to help at all.

Party Chat is broken in the 1.69 files that Delt released fixing it requires at least a basic knowledge of C# and DLL modification

The old source and all derivatives of it have a lot of issues, including but not limited to, a duping exploit, an item spawning exploit, and perhaps something worse so its a large risk for anyone using it publicly. I'm aware of groups of people who have used these exploits already, so don't pretend that your DLLs have no issues.

That is why I announced a while back that I'm working on my own source (C++) and it should be compatible with all major content up to and including miul. It is not a good use of time to keep working on smaller issues and not the bigger picture, only to end up two or three years behind in terms of content. Good luck to you with your Neamhain bins and with fixing two or three packet structures out of ~1000, hopefully you can fix a few more within a few years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@mgt2000

To fix party chat, you need to update the structure of the PartyChatMessage packet (PartyChatMessage.cs in ServiceCore) and add a byte/boolean (use dnSpy or .NET Reflector if you don't have the source).

I hope this is better than the nonsense from @Tannaka, who doesn't seem like he wants to help at all.

The old source and all derivatives of it have a lot of issues, including but not limited to, a duping exploit, an item spawning exploit, and perhaps something worse so its a large risk for anyone using it publicly. I'm aware of groups of people who have used these exploits already, so don't pretend that your DLLs have no issues.

That is why I announced a while back that I'm working on my own source (C++) and it should be compatible with all major content up to and including miul. It is not a good use of time to keep working on smaller issues and not the bigger picture, only to end up two or three years behind in terms of content. Good luck to you with your Neamhain bins and with fixing two or three packet structures out of ~1000, hopefully you can fix a few more within a few years.

tbh Delt i didnt want too step on your toes since the bug was in your files that and i really dont give a poop anymore i lost interest in this game a long time ago i probably wont even be continuing since i dont have the funds you do for server costs and maintenance and i dont have the free time i once had too penis around with packet structures too make it work since my knowledge with olydbg or x64dbg is basic at best and i cant read assembly very well so i wish you good luck with your C++ emulator hopefully it will run better than the C# one that Nexon built that runs like arse.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
tbh Delt i didnt want too step on your toes since the bug was in your files that and i really dont give a poop anymore i lost interest in this game a long time ago i probably wont even be continuing since i dont have the funds you do for server costs and maintenance and i dont have the free time i once had too penis around with packet structures too make it work since my knowledge with olydbg or x64dbg is basic at best and i cant read assembly very well so i wish you good luck with your C++ emulator hopefully it will run better than the C# one that Nexon built that runs like arse.

I just don't see why I should get bashed for a bug in something released free that I also took down later anyways due to there being other flaws that required more of my attention (since they were exploits) but I guess we can just leave it at that.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Delteros how to update the structure of the PartyChatMessage packet (PartyChatMessage.cs in ServiceCore) and add a byte/boolean

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@mgt2000

I hope this is better than the nonsense from @Tannaka, who doesn't seem like he wants to help at all.

mgt2000 - Chat messages not working - RaGEZONE Forums

how to edit thiss?

Upvote 0
Back