Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Modify hfs file

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
id like to change a hfs file for lynn. i know how to unpack and repack the hfs.
Its no supprice that the game its own crc check durring the startup.
is there a logic way to bypass those or is there something i need to know first?

i want to change this
LynnLover - Modify hfs file - RaGEZONE Forums

Left screen is the old EU and right is the new riseupdate.
they have increase the invincible frame for Lynn.
bytehack maybe but i dont know where to look

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You don't need to repack HFS files when you use this DLL Mod Enabler

from this thread http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/rele...-restrictions-1127980/index2.html#post8849708

Just take the pc_lynn_motion.txt and put it into the '\\VindictusEU\en-EU\data\models\player\_anim\female\lynn\pc_lynn_motion.txt'

Any file you place in the data folder will override their counterpart in the HFS files. You can use this alternate HFS extractor http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-alternative-hfs-extractor-1131911/ that actually preserves the game folder paths making it easy to find out which folder each file goes into when you're replacing them.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks!

I got this following error after replacing nexon_api.dll

or do i need to extract all hfs files to the "data" directory?
Its EU version 1.69 with delia patch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh yeah. The API DLL doesn't work with the EU version. You need to make a bat/shortcut that uses US version instead like this:

'start vindictus.exe -stage -dev -lang en-us-x-gm -noupdate -threads 4'

Then use 'DB Browser for SQLite', go to 'FeatureMatrix' and copy the ENTIRE 'EN-EU' and 'EN-EU-X-GM' rows (All 1694 of them) and paste them into the 'EN-US' and 'EN-US-X-GM' rows. Do this for Client and Server db3 files. After you're done the 'EN-US/EN-US-X-GM/EN-EU/EN-EU-X-GM' rows should be identical in the DB3. I would make a backup of the DB3 files before this just in case.

You only need to put the files you want changed in the Data folder. Also make sure you have the old original 'nexon_api.dll' renamed to 'nexon_api.original.dll' in the same folder.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you Gorkn,

Got it working!! Ive tested with colhen mod and work nicely :8:

Upvote 0
Back