Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Questions regarding classes and class IDs

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm working on creating male and female versions of each character, and I'd like them to have their own unique class ID. To my understanding, we cannot create new classes, but is this due to the way the skills and whatnot communicate with the server or is it a physical limitation of the engine?

Basically, I want to clone a class, keep the skills the same, but have the new class use its own ID, models, and potentially animations. Is this something that could be doable?

Also, is there any documentation on where the classes are flagged "male", "female", "tall", or "giant"?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Theoretically possible but you would need to do a significant amount of work editing the engine DLLs, so I'd say the general answer is no.

Class IDs are one thing that bridges the data-driven part of the engine and the actual hard-coded part. Class IDs are significant to the game engine; they're not like item IDs, etc. which are arbitrary. If I remember right, there's at least one function to convert between class ID and class name ('1' -> 'evie' or whatever). I believe the game uses either class ID or the string name to construct the correct player entity type, and there are a whole bunch of other instances where class ID gets used internally to determine behavior. You'd likely have to spend a good bit of time with a disassembler writing a buffed-up DLL to hook a bunch of internal functions to appropriately handle new class IDs. (Your "male", "female", "tall", "giant" distinction might live in one of those DLLs, determined by class ID. Although if I remember right, those distinctions are arbitrary and are just a part of the model name in player_costume.txt; is there another place those terms are used that I've forgotten?)

I'm trying to think if it would be possible to trick the engine into doing what you want by hijacking the existing class IDs while maintaining a separate set of models somehow (by exposing different IDs to different parts of the engine) but honestly it's been too long since I've taken a look at the code, and it'd probably be too much of a headache to be worth doing. It's not really the same thing but you'd probably have the easiest time just making a custom inner if you want the body's appearance to change.

Server-side might be easier since it's a .NET assembly but I haven't taken a good look at it; you'd be looking at changes there too, though.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
A very "brute force" method is by changing the models and animations per class in the player_costume.txt, but it's not quite what I'd like. Thank you for all of the information!

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm working on creating male and female versions of each character, and I'd like them to have their own unique class ID. To my understanding, we cannot create new classes, but is this due to the way the skills and whatnot communicate with the server or is it a physical limitation of the engine?

Basically, I want to clone a class, keep the skills the same, but have the new class use its own ID, models, and potentially animations. Is this something that could be doable?

Also, is there any documentation on where the classes are flagged "male", "female", "tall", or "giant"?

Hello there,

Sorry for digging this thread up but I am curious: did you ever get any further on this topic?
Btw I'm loving your fashion build project, thank you so much for that!

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Back