Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[ServiceCore.dll] Compatibility.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, to my understanding the server binaries released are not fully compatible with eachother.

For example PostalServiceCore.dll is using the 'ServiceCore.PostalServiceOperations' namespace.
This suggests PostalServiceCore.dll is depending on, or atleast referencing another ServiceCore.dll version because the current ServiceCore.dll doesn't have this namespace.

There are other cases with files having a version mismatch, but I think ServiceCore.dll is the main one.

Not that it matters much in this case because I don't think the server is using PostalServiceCore.dll directly, but I wonder why these binary incompatibilities exist in the first place.

Have some files been overwritten, or what is the story behind this release (if any)?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
PostalServiceCore is deprecated and pretty much all of its functions (for the mailing system) have been integrated into PlayerService already, and as its no longer used it doesn't need to remain in ServiceCore.
If you had a significantly older version of ServiceCore, it would be in there.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Delteros.

Am I correct in assuming that these are deprecated as well?

Code:
- ChannelService.dll
- Nexon.Com.Playfeed.SDK.dll
- Nexon.Com.UserWrapper.dll
- Nexon.Enterprise.Management.Listener.dll
- Nexon.Enterprise.ServiceFacade.dll
- PartyServiceCore.dll
- PlayfeedService.dll
- ProfileService.dll
- RelayService.dll
- TalkService.dll
- TradeService.dll
- WcfChatRelay.dll
- XignCodeService.dll

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
- ChannelService.dll - MMOChannelService seems to have some of these features along with supporting the Incineration system. Although, ChannelService has a channel recommender & chat logger.
- Nexon.Com.Playfeed.SDK.dll & PlayfeedService.dll - deprecated but could possibly be used (See: )
- Nexon.Com.UserWrapper.dll, Nexon.Enterprise.Management.Listener.dll, Nexon.Enterprise.ServiceFacade.dll - not important unless you wanted to create APIs based on Nexon's for whatever reason
- PartyServiceCore.dll - integrated into MicroPlayServiceCore (look at flag PartyInMicroPlayService in FeatureMatrix)
- ProfileService.dll - able to create logs detailing system resources but seems to also be in UnifiedNetwork
- RelayService.dll - features are in RelayServer.dll for the most part
- TalkService.dll - newer service for chat related functions that can work hand in hand with WcfChatRelay (see below). Optional.
- TradeService.dll - can be used to update item price info when ItemPriceInfoInService is enabled in FeatureMatrix
- WcfChatRelay.dll - this is for the chat related functions of the Mabinogi Heroes mobile app (마영전 Plus), you can whisper to a character in game through the app, and you can talk to guild members
- XignCodeService.dll - deprecated since BlackCipher&NGSecurityServiceCore is now used instead

Upvote 0
Back