Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Vindictus Crackshield Needed.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello

Me and a friend are trying to set up a server for an old version of the game. Specifically before the great S1 nerf that came out after twilight desert. We have the files needed for the client and server to run but we've run into a problem.

We need a version of crackshield from 2013 or 2014 to prevent the game from crashing when it tries to prime hackshield.

Does anyone know where to find a vindictus compatible crackshield to use?

Edit: We need an emulation layer that bypasses Hackshield so it doesn't prime.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
maybe you can use this

http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/vindictus-server-vmware-image-eu-1114894/

the files in client and server need to be matched.

if as you say, you need to do some modifications for 2013, 2014 pure client , too.
(just like modifications for Vindictus.exe, UpToDateInfo.dat, UpToDateInfo2.dat...etc)

for me, the 1.69 EU client is similar as client with patchs before S3.

maybe you can tell us, for what reason do you want to use old patch?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
maybe you can use this

http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/vindictus-server-vmware-image-eu-1114894/

the files in client and server need to be matched.

if as you say, you need to do some modifications for 2013, 2014 pure client , too.
(just like modifications for Vindictus.exe, UpToDateInfo.dat, UpToDateInfo2.dat...etc)

for me, the 1.69 EU client is similar as client with patchs before S3.

maybe you can tell us, for what reason do you want to use old patch?

Sorry for the late reply. I was moving the past few days.

It doesn't work because the bins in question are post fiona/evie/lann revamp

The great nerf of s1 combined with the character buffs around the same time, were basically a "rise" sort of update. where it ruined a lot of old content. We're just trying to get that retro version running.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
EU 1.69 is very different from RISE patch. just until lughlamhfada (maybe?)

maybe you can check all the steps as following:

forum.ragezone.com/f944/vindictus-server-vmware-image-eu-1114894/index12.html#166

there are many people use it worked.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
EU 1.69 is very different from RISE patch. just until lughlamhfada (maybe?)

maybe you can check all the steps as following:

forum.ragezone.com/f944/vindictus-server-vmware-image-eu-1114894/index12.html#166

there are many people use it worked.

Rise is not the S1 great nerf. It is a big nerf, yes, but not the original one. When s2 came out, with it's weird level scaling idea, S1 was still not nerfed. Then after twilight desert, around misty summit for some servers, the game implemented a change to the questdifficultyinfo files, and that marked the great nerf of S1. For EU it was maybe around 1.50. It also marked the removal of the s2 level scaling, and S1 was butchered, and characters were revamped.

The problem is, there are moves for s1 monsters that were changed as well, not just stats, so there's not really a way to change AI and attacks patterns to revive those tougher versions in the widely available current set up people build off of.

So I hope you understand what we're trying to accomplish.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
okay, i got it. that is, the large nerf in S1 after s2 twilight desert.

1.if you want to play as past, you must find old version and modify something for private server.

there are a lot of points you need to notice as i know:

for patch with large difference, the bins, hero.db3 and HFS(here meaning character's like fiona actions and states) in client would updated.

and they are related to bins, heroesContents.db3 in server.

now our stable and common client with server in Ragezone is EU1.69

that is why it is dificult to add miri or whip function from EU1.69, which means it is also difficult to play from EU1.69 to older patch.

there are too many things you have to do to make it worked, and it needs reverse engineering skills.

2.another thinking is just edit it to be older playing in EU1.69

there is some information i tested, and it am still studying it.
(it needs to tell vindictus.exe to load some files rather than files in HFS
detail: http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-gsl-clone-modding-restrictions-1127980/)

it seems you may edit there files:

here i focus on Keaghan's editting:

yap, a lot of things need to do, too.

still remember there are many people with devCAT team doing it for a long time.

3.using these files you need in older version to join to EU1.69.

it's fast and easy.

hope i helped you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
okay, i got it. that is, the large nerf in S1 after s2 twilight desert.

1.if you want to play as past, you must find old version and modify something for private server.

there are a lot of points you need to notice as i know:

for patch with large difference, the bins, hero.db3 and HFS(here meaning character's like fiona actions and states) in client would updated.

and they are related to bins, heroesContents.db3 in server.

now our stable and common client with server in Ragezone is EU1.69

that is why it is dificult to add miri or whip function from EU1.69, which means it is also difficult to play from EU1.69 to older patch.

there are too many things you have to do to make it worked, and it needs reverse engineering skills.

2.another thinking is just edit it to be older playing in EU1.69

there is some information i tested, and it am still studying it.
(it needs to tell vindictus.exe to load some files rather than files in HFS
detail: http://forum.ragezone.com/f944/release-gsl-clone-modding-restrictions-1127980/)

it seems you may edit there files:

here i focus on Keaghan's editting:

yap, a lot of thins need to do, too.

still remember there are many people with devCAT team doing it for a long time.

hope i helped you.

Good info to know. Should help with some boss issues, but the stable bins are 1.62, which is S3EP1.

I can log in using the Arisha patch which was EU 1.58. But our main problem at the moment is with hackshield and windows 10. Due to HS not supporting win 10, it causes some bugs when the programs closes.

We're trying to find a way to remove/bypass hackshield from the client version, so that we cna begin server modifications to support the older client.

We may not need Crackshield itself, but we do need a way to bypass hackshield with some sort of emulation, for the older client to work. We need it to not prime hackshield.

Upvote 0
Back