Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] I can't compiler Client "Source SOKE v1.18"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I Try Step : [Tutorial] How to compile the source And Not complet

i Found Bug :
QcBlastar - [HELP] I can't compiler Client "Source SOKE v1.18" - RaGEZONE Forums
Include And Lib :
QcBlastar - [HELP] I can't compiler Client "Source SOKE v1.18" - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Not sure if you got this fixed, but here are the instructions in case someone else is looking too. I just got all programs to compile using Visual Studio 2008. Hopefully this will help.

I don't know what version you are trying to compile, or what Compiler you are using.
Assuming VS2008 and Client Shipping...though these should work for all versions of client except Client Release.

You need to fix the issue with statics in stlport. I recompiled 5.1.5 with this fix, but you can also fix it by adding this line to stdafx.h
Code:
#define _STLP_STATIC_CONST_INIT_BUG    1

Include/Library order matters. Without moving stlport to the top of my list, I got errors. The rest I think can be in the order listed. stlport needs to be at the top so the compiler doesn't try to use windows includes/libs instead.

You need hackshield files. You might be able to get away with removing the references, but I just found a version instead. I honestly don't remember where I got them, so I'll upload.

The environment should be set up after this, and you'll have to change things in the individual builds, you do that by right-clicking the name...in this case, client and choosing properties.

For C/C++
Additional Includes, I have
Code:
.\
..\util\stl
..\Common
..\ZipArchive
..\RC5Crypto
..\sdk\Win32\Include
..\HttpDownloader
..\Tinyxml
..\Twitter\curl
..\Twitter
..\Hackshield

the ..\sdk\Win32\Include is the gamebryo library, I changed all them to ..\ so it would go up a directory and look.

For Preprocessor
Code:
WIN32
NDEBUG
_WINDOWS
STRICT
NISHIPPING
_CLIENT
CURL_STATICLIB
_STLP_INTERNAL_CWCHAR
With Inherited properties of
Code:
_VC80_UPGRADE=0x0710
_UNICODE
UNICODE

Under Language, make sure Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type is set to Yes. Save off anything in there if it's set to no. Changing this fixed about 90% of all errors I got though.

Under Linker
I have Additional Library Directories
Code:
..\Lib
..\RC5Crypto
..\SDK\Win32\Lib\VC90\ShippingLib
VC9 because that's the Visual C version that ships with VS2008.

Under Input I have Additional Dependencies
Code:
NiAnimation.lib
NIFloodgate.lib
NiMain.lib
NiSystem.lib
NiDX9Renderer.lib
NiMesh.lib
NiParticle.lib
NiCollision.lib
NiMilesAudio.lib
mss32.lib
Winmm.lib
Version.lib
dxguid.lib
dinput8.lib
ZipArchive_r.lib
ws2_32.lib
RC5Crypto.lib
wldap32.lib
libcurl.lib
tinyxml.lib
wininet.lib
HttpDownLoader.lib
with Inherited values of
Code:
kernel32.lib
user32.lib
gdi32.lib
winspool.lib
comdlg32.lib
advapi32.lib
shell32.lib
ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib
uuid.lib
odbc32.lib
odbccp32.lib
And ignore Specific Libraries as
Code:
LIBC
LIBCMT

These setting work for all Client builds including GM, except Release. I don't know what's up with that version...linker issues I didn't feel like figuring out.

Edit: For GM Tool, you may also need to include lib NiFont.lib One of my builds used it, one didn't...so I'm not 100% sure it's needed, but forgot to mention it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back