Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cant login

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi people,
im new here and i need to know something :)

my server is ok,but i can not login whit the client, i have shared the Og client whi the sauron patch, i have pu the ini whit the gameserver ip but say me failed connect to the server :(

2 question: how can i make a account for login?

thanks to all the people that reply here :)

have a nice day

Zer00

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
omg THE SERVER HAVE TO HAVE BE CONFIGURED TO WAN IP EITHER IN CABAL_CONFIG!!!

man my problem is: i have configured the server whit the ip that i have get at whatsmyip.org, i have put in the internal the same ip (WAN ip) but i can not connect and my friends too, if i start the server whit the centOS ip configured i can connect and play.

you think is a problem of port?
i try to open the port whit |simple port forwarding| but give me the error that i have reported you up.

hope you can help me

Zer00

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If the simple port forwarding fails like it is you will need to manually forward the ports as nobody will be able to connect if the ports are closed. The Belkin control panel is totally different to mine though so all i can suggest is looking at to see if they have a guide for another game, then just change the prts to the Cabal ones.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If the simple port forwarding fails like it is you will need to manually forward the ports as nobody will be able to connect if the ports are closed. The Belkin control panel is totally different to mine though so all i can suggest is looking at to see if they have a guide for another game, then just change the prts to the Cabal ones.

yet i have a netgear dg834gt whit unofficial firmware that support NAT loopback, i have opened the port whit simple port forwading and manualy but canyouseeme.org says that are offline.

so i have try whit another tools named port forwading wizard, this program allow you to open the port for a period of time 15-30 minutes, i cheked on canyouseeme.org and port opened!! i have try to connect to the server in wan but nothing, my friend same and nothing, in cabal_config i have setted the wan ip, in my internal and friend internal too putted wan ip, but nothing go...i can play in the server in LAN so the server go...sorry my bad english im italian :)

hope you help us :blush:

Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Simple port forwarding does work with a dg834 as i can think of at least 3 people who have used it and i have a dg834g (v3) myself. The good news is that an 834 definitely has loopback support as long as you have the latest firmware.

Remember that even if properly forwarded the ports will still show closed unless the server is running.

If you can't connect when set up as WAN i need to see some logs.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simple port forwarding does work with a dg834 as i can think of at least 3 people who have used it and i have a dg834g (v3) myself. The good news is that an 834 definitely has loopback support as long as you have the latest firmware.

Remember that even if properly forwarded the ports will still show closed unless the server is running.

If you can't connect when set up as WAN i need to see some logs.

thank you for your help :rolleyes:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is no sign of any login attempts in the login svr logs.

If your router panel is anything like mine you will have a "services" section. Add one for Cabal, TCP/UDP, start port 38101 and fnish port 38190. Now in the "firewall rules" section click "add" under the "inbound rules" section. Select the cabal service at the top and give it the centos IP to send to. Set the log to always, hit apply and then make sure it's enabled.

You should now be able to see the connections in the router log too ;)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

If your router panel is anything like mine you will have a "services" section. Add one for Cabal, TCP/UDP, start port 38101 and fnish port 38190. Now in the "firewall rules" section click "add" under the "inbound rules" section. Select the cabal service at the top and give it the centos IP to send to. Set the log to always, hit apply and then make sure it's enabled.

if i select the centOs ip i get a error illegal ip ecc...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

u know why? :(

router ip : 192.168.0.1
centos ip : 192.168.119.129
lan ip :192.168.0.2

Upvote 0
Back