Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Chanel crash

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having difficulties with my channels, a few times a week my channels fall, one by one, as if it were some kind of attack.

The log I have of the channel crash is this:

Code:
ACE_ASSERT: file Game/Migration2.cpp, line 67 assertion failed for 'pGameMgr == pMobsCtx->pBaseGameMgr'.Aborting...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem/security breach?

Thank you!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Channel disconnect are happening mostly because of this reasons:

1. Bug dungeon boss/mobs.
- It is happening when player hit the boss or mobs inside the dungeon or counterwise. It takes me 1 whole day to figure out which boss is causing that channel crash. On my case it's the last boss on B3F. (You need to figure it out on the client you are using)

2. Sending invalid packets.
- They are sending invalid packets into your IP and channel ports that is causing it to disconnect. On this case you need to download any tool available that can capture packets or you can simply use this command on your linux:

yum/apt install tcpdumptcpdump -n -s0 -vv -A

Here for disabled dns/port resolution: tcpdump -AnnvvvS

To use it only in a specific port: tcpdump port 38121 -n -s0 -vv -A

If you want to save the output to a file to read with wireshark for example then add the -w parameter with file name afterwards It'll be in the pcap format which wireshark can read.

Example: tcpdump port 38121 -n -s0 -vv -A -w port38121.pcap

Then Download it to your computer and open it with wireshark.

Your tcpdump needs to be running and active when the channel crash happened to show those specific packets/packet length that is causing the crashing of your channels. You can block those packets now and it will fix your problem.

If you will follow and understand this solutions carefully, It will surely fix your problem 100%. Trust me as i've been in your situation few years ago and I managed to defend my server from those devil server attackers.

PS: To save hard disk space, You can delete logs every after 30 minutes.

I hope that I helped you with this information. If you do not understand packets or if you personally need help on blocking it, just let me know and I will be glad to help. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Channel disconnect are happening mostly because of this reasons:

1. Bug dungeon boss/mobs.
- It is happening when player hit the boss or mobs inside the dungeon or counterwise. It takes me 1 whole day to figure out which boss is causing that channel crash. On my case it's the last boss on B3F. (You need to figure it out on the client you are using)

2. Sending invalid packets.
- They are sending invalid packets into your IP and channel ports that is causing it to disconnect. On this case you need to download any tool available that can capture packets or you can simply use this command on your linux:

yum/apt install tcpdumptcpdump -n -s0 -vv -A

Here for disabled dns/port resolution:tcpdump -AnnvvvS

To use it only in a specific port:tcpdump port 38121 -n -s0 -vv -A

If you want to save the output to a file to read with wireshark for example then add the -w parameter with file name afterwardsIt'll be in the pcap format which wireshark can read.

Example: tcpdump port 38121 -n -s0 -vv -A -w port38121.pcap

Then Download it to your computer and open it with wireshark.

Your tcpdump needs to be running and active when the channel crash happened to show those specific packets/packet length that is causing the crashing of your channels. You can block those packets now and it will fix your problem.

If you will follow and understand this solutions carefully, It will sure fix your problem 100%. Trust me as i've been in your situation few years ago and I managed to defend my server from those devil server attackers.

PS: To save hard disk space, You can delete logs every after 30 minutes.

I hope that I helped you with this information. If you do not understand packets or if you personally need help on blocking it, just let me know and I will be glad to help. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the detailed answer, it helped a lot!

Upvote 0
Back