Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Making Changes to the Server [EP8]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

I followed this guide: http://forum.ragezone.com/f460/create-ep8-cabal-server-step-910294/
and managed to make it work.

I looked at the server files and they're more archaic than what I'm used to. (been tinkering with ragnarok and MU servers for a while).

Can anyone tell me how to change stuff like: Exp Rate (Base Level, Skill Level etc), Item drop rates, Upgrade Core success rates, amount of stat points per level, and the like.

I've done some searches and what I keep finding seems to be for a different kind of server, other than what the guide I followed provides (multiple.spc or something)

Maybe someone can point me to a tutorial thread?

Anyway thanks in advance. And if anyone needs help getting the server tutorial linked above you can ask me here.

Reaction score
Hello,

I followed this guide: http://forum.ragezone.com/f460/create-ep8-cabal-server-step-910294/
and managed to make it work.

I looked at the server files and they're more archaic than what I'm used to. (been tinkering with ragnarok and MU servers for a while).

Can anyone tell me how to change stuff like: Exp Rate (Base Level, Skill Level etc), Item drop rates, Upgrade Core success rates, amount of stat points per level, and the like.

I've done some searches and what I keep finding seems to be for a different kind of server, other than what the guide I followed provides (multiple.spc or something)

Maybe someone can point me to a tutorial thread?

Anyway thanks in advance. And if anyone needs help getting the server tutorial linked above you can ask me here.

First things first - that guide is so outdated that it's impossible to comment. Need to make a decent guide for at least centos 6.4/5 as a BARE MINIMUM.

Answering your questions:

Multiple.scp : all EXP's in there.
Item drop per mob : const2.scp ([Multiple_Base] 3rd line)
Item upgrade % : core.scp
Amount of stats given per level is impossible to change without editing binary. There is a work-around thing with database and relogs, but without knowing procedures - no point even starting it.

The best advice I could give is to start editing specific things in your server and look for them in RZ, help sections / tutorials / releases. Cabal is huge compared to something like MU (as an example) and asking for tutorial or ask questions "and so on.." will not do any good.
98% of the community doesn't even know Cabal fully, nor most of them even try to look for things and keep asking questions over and over again, while google with a start: "cabal ragezone your-problem-insert-here" works like magic in probably nearly most cases.
Anyway, if you're new in Cabal, big warm welcome and without blabbering too much: be as specific as possible and patient and we will try to help you out ^^

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First things first - that guide is so outdated that it's impossible to comment. Need to make a decent guide for at least centos 6.4/5 as a BARE MINIMUM.

Answering your questions:

Multiple.scp : all EXP's in there.
Item drop per mob : const2.scp ([Multiple_Base] 3rd line)
Item upgrade % : core.scp
Amount of stats given per level is impossible to change without editing binary. There is a work-around thing with database and relogs, but without knowing procedures - no point even starting it.

The best advice I could give is to start editing specific things in your server and look for them in RZ, help sections / tutorials / releases. Cabal is huge compared to something like MU (as an example) and asking for tutorial or ask questions "and so on.." will not do any good.
98% of the community doesn't even know Cabal fully, nor most of them even try to look for things and keep asking questions over and over again, while google with a start: "cabal ragezone your-problem-insert-here" works like magic in probably nearly most cases.
Anyway, if you're new in Cabal, big warm welcome and without blabbering too much: be as specific as possible and patient and we will try to help you out ^^
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I never stopped digging since I posted this and it became apparent quickly that the server I deployed has a lot of things missing. (it doesn't even have the Multiple.scp file)

I think the first thing I'll do is get better server files and tinker with that. Do you have any suggestions? Out of all the server releases available, which will give me the most complete setup out of the box?

Upvote 0
Back