Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Port Masking

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can somebody help me how to mask/hide/forward ports to avoid DDOS attack?
I am planing to create my own server but i saw that alot of existing ones are experiencing DDOS Attacks.

please help

*PS haters/boastful ones who doesn't even know the answer,tutorial greedy sellers PLEASE GO AWAY :thumbup1:

Inactive
Reaction score
You technically can never hide ports, nor mask them. Anyone can use an port scanner on an IP and detect the ports. You can change them but in all honesty they are never really hidden per-say.

What you need is DDOS protected hosting with a 500gbps+.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
You technically can never hide ports, nor mask them. Anyone can use an port scanner on an IP and detect the ports. You can change them but in all honesty they are never really hidden per-say.

And where to find a hosting like that?

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Well said, you can't hide your ports. The best protection is to track the type of DDOS attacks you've encountered. There's a lot of DDOS attack method somewhere.
SYN FLOOD, IP/PORT STRESSING, SMURFING ETC.

Goodluck! I've suffered a heavy attack on my previous server even Hyperfilter doesn't help me (not sure right now). = SERVER CLOSED :glare:

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well said, you can't hide your ports. The best protection is to track the type of DDOS attacks you've encountered. There's a lot of DDOS attack method somewhere.
SYN FLOOD, IP/PORT STRESSING, SMURFING ETC.

Goodluck! I've suffered a heavy attack on my previous server even Hyperfilter doesn't help me (not sure right now). = SERVER CLOSED :glare:

Understand Bro

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can somebody help me how to mask/hide/forward ports to avoid DDOS attack?
I am planing to create my own server but i saw that alot of existing ones are experiencing DDOS Attacks.

please help

*PS haters/boastful ones who doesn't even know the answer,tutorial greedy sellers PLEASE GO AWAY [emoji106]1:
Try to use a dedicated computer with a centos 7 and working synproxy in iptables, its realy work to avoid all free stress testers of you network

Отправлено с моего D6603 через Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Iptables + Filter incoming packets
- ignore incoming bad packets. kinda like that

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score

At least they've been improving within the years, basically if you get down there, you'll be down in 100% of the other companies, as HyperFilter offer a bit more of protection than them in Europe. But yeah, nothing is "invulnerable", but you can be sure to be using at least the best available. :w00t:

Upvote 0
Reaction score
At least they've been improving within the years, basically if you get down there, you'll be down in 100% of the other companies, as HyperFilter offer a bit more of protection than them in Europe. But yeah, nothing is "invulnerable", but you can be sure to be using at least the best available. :w00t:

Yes, I've seen hyperfilter is still improving right now. I was telling It was last 2014.
I am currently subscribed in hyperfilter and I am always notifying with their system improvement.

Upvote 0
Back