Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Quests and Editing scrip.dec and scrip_msg.dec

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

I've encountered various bugged quests and trying to understand how to properly fix quests through scrip.dec and scrip_msg.dec. Through searching, I understand that there is most likely an issue with files mismatching and therefore causing disconnects. I however cannot find anything that helps me understand the structure of the files. I could try to match everything together but I still will not understand the values I am changing and what it affects. An example of a bugged quest (for me) is "Craftsman Craft Course 101" from the Craft Merchant Chloe NPC in Port Lux. From my log, I get the following error:

[Fri Dec 28 2018 02:00:38.023386 3830844272]: [##ERROR##] 'OnCSCQuestOpnEvt' fail (Proc/Quest.cpp:900)
[Fri Dec 28 2018 02:00:38.023432 3830844272]: [##ERROR##] UsrMap Fail : MainCmd(282) Ret(310384:49:900) Addr(10.0.0.181) CharIdx(8)
[Fri Dec 28 2018 02:00:38.023477 3830844272]: close(): closing()
[Fri Dec 28 2018 02:00:38.023739 3830844272]: 1.close user -1 [CA40A38] ()
Also, I've found a thread that does mention something about script.dec and script_msg.dec for another quest related issue I have. Specifically, it's the "Aura Transmuter Quest". Godskin did provide a "fix" for the issue but unfortunately didn't mention anything as to how this issue was resolved. I do not want to replace files with the "fix" because it's certainly outdated now from the time he posted and might cause even more issues later.

I am in the process of learning, and trying my very best to not trouble others about questions that have been asked previously by others. I hope that you can spare of your some time to explain my concerns I've spent hours trying to understand. Thank you so much!..

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
test out, ill reveal how unless godskin disaproves within a week because due to the age of your rz account either your are true to your word and this is actually your work or its not and your just trying to get work from someone else, highly likely his...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I still don't understand the last part of your message. All I really want is to be able to fix problems I encounter with quests when playing so ^^ I really try to not make others work for me if I can avoid it (but I honestly could not find anything about how to fix quests throughout the entire forum).. Sorry to trouble you with the work but I wouldn't ask if I understand how to fix it. If it makes you more comfortable, please send advice through private message if godskin does not disapprove. I feel really bad but still, thank you for being the first to reply!

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
As i said download and try... If someone wants to complain this is thier work, they have a week to complain and prove its thiers or ill say how here

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update! The aura transmuter quest still gives Earth Aura, even when changing aura type through the database. Not sure if it's a script problem. As for the Craftsman quest it works! I hope he/she will be okay with it. ^^

Smiles - Quests and Editing scrip.dec and scrip_msg.dec - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sorry i've been busy so i forgot and only reminded myself i didnt post, i compared kaitos script with kaito-fix script godskin provided and noticed that
scripts_msg.dec didnt change and things in scripts.dec that did change where <event .... id="125" param="334" /> now equals <event .... id="126" param="334" />, <event .... id="125" param="335" /> = <event .... id="127" param="335" /> so on...

so my guess is that param is the auras id in this case and ids cant be the same.

Upvote 0
Back