Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

reg page

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, im having problem registering through chumpys reg+cash shop page:

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Password', table 'ACCOUNT.dbo.cabal_auth_table'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. (severity 16) in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 72

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserNum', table 'ACCOUNT.dbo.cabal_charge_auth'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. (severity 16) in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 72

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 72
Something went wrong :(

Warning: mssql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MS SQL-result resource in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 78

Any ideas?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Password', table 'ACCOUNT.dbo.cabal_auth_table'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. (severity 16) in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 72

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserNum', table 'ACCOUNT.dbo.cabal_charge_auth'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. (severity 16) in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 72

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 72

Warning: mssql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MS SQL-result resource in C:\AppServ\www\cabal\reg.php on line 78

Any ideas?

1) Open up your SQL Editor
2) Find each table
3) Right Click the the table to be edited and Select Design
4) Check the "Allow NULL" check bo at the right of each Column you need to allow NULL

This should fix your problems with the NULL entries

**NOTE** I use Microsoft SQL 2008....it may be slightly different than your version....if it is..use google

as for the other errors...I recommend you open "reg.php" and check Lines 72 & 78...copy those 2 lines and post them here, or pm them to me and I can possibly help you further, but without seeing the contents of those 2 lines I can do nothing for you

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2) Find each table
4) Check the "Allow NULL" check bo at the right of each Column you need to allow NULL

**NOTE** I use Microsoft SQL 2008....it may be slightly different than your version....if it is..use google

as for the other errors...I recommend you open "reg.php" and check Lines 72 & 78...copy those 2 lines and post them here, or pm them to me and I can possibly help you further, but without seeing the contents of those 2 lines I can do nothing for you

I set password as Allow null and everything works now in the REG PAGE, but when i try to login it doesnt work -> so i went looking in the DB but the PASSWORD was set to NULL every time i registered, so im guessing something is wrong in the script it self?
Im using chumpys reg page+cash shop, heres the reg.php:
<?php

$num_acc=0;
$num_cha=0;
$num_onl=0;
$r=mssql_query('select count (*) from '.DB_ACC.'.dbo.cabal_auth_table');
$num_acc=mssql_result($r,0,0);
$r=mssql_query('select count (*) from '.DB_ACC.'.dbo.cabal_auth_table where Login=1');
$num_onl=mssql_result($r,0,0);
$r=mssql_query('select count (*) from '.DB_GAM.'.dbo.cabal_character_table');
$num_cha=mssql_result($r,0,0);

echo '<p>There are currently <span style="font-size:16px;font-weight:bold">'.$num_onl.'</span> people online right now.</p>';
echo '<p>Registered accounts: <span style="font-size:16px;font-weight:bold">'.$num_acc.'</span> | Characters created: <span style="font-size:16px;font-weight:bold">'.$num_cha.'</span></p>';

echo '<p style="font-size:24px;font-weight:bold">Account registration</p>';

echo '<p>Username and password must be minimum 6 chars, letters and numbers only.</p>';

echo '<form method="post" action="'.$_PHP['self'].'">';
echo '<table cellspacing="4" cellpadding="0" border="0">';
echo '<tr><td align="right">Login: </td><td><input type="text" name="uname" class="editbox"></td></tr>';
echo '<tr><td align="right">Pass: </td><td><input type="password" name="pass" class="editbox"></td></tr>';
echo '<tr><td align="right">Confirm pass: </td><td><input type="password" name="pass2" class="editbox"></td></tr>';
echo '<tr><td colspan="2" align="right"><input type="submit" value="Register account" class="button"></td></tr>';
echo '</table>';
echo '</form>';

echo '<br /><span style="font-weight:bold">Website:</span> <a href="'.LINK_WSITE.'">'.NAME_WSITE.'</a><br />';
echo '<span style="font-weight:bold">Forums:</span> <a href="'.LINK_FORUM.'">'.NAME_FORUM.'</a><br />';

$uid='';
$pass='';
$failed=false;

if (isset($_POST['uname'])) {
if (!ctype_alnum($_POST['uname']) || strlen($_POST['uname'])<6) {
$failed=true;
echo '<p class="errortext">Invalid username. Minimum 6 characters, letters and numbers only.</p> ';
} else {
$uid=$_POST['uname'];
}
}

if (isset($_POST['pass'])) {
if (!ctype_alnum($_POST['pass']) || strlen($_POST['pass'])<6) {
$failed=true;
echo '<p class="errortext">Invalid password. Minimum 6 characters, letters and numbers only.</p> ';
} else {
$pass=$_POST['pass'];
}
}

if (isset($_POST['pass2'])) {
if (!ctype_alnum($_POST['pass2'])) {
$failed=true;
} else {
if ($_POST['pass2']!=$_POST['pass']) {
$failed=true;
echo '<p class="errortext">The entered passwords do not match.</p> ';
}
}
}

if ($failed==true) {
echo '<p class="errortext">Failed.</p> ';
} else {

if ($uid!='' && $pass!='') {
$r=mssql_query('select count (*) from '.DB_ACC.'.dbo.cabal_auth_table where ID="'.$uid.'"');
if (mssql_result($r,0,0)==0) {
$r=mssql_query('exec '.DB_ACC.'.dbo.cabal_tool_registerAccount "'.$uid.'","'.$pass.'"');
if ($r==false) {
echo '<p class="errortext">Something went wrong :( </p>';
} else {
echo '<p class="goodtext">Account created successfully!</p>';
}
mssql_free_result($r);
mssql_close($link);
} else {
echo '<p class="errortext">Logon name already used.</p> ';
}
}
}

?>
Thanks for your support in advance:)

Upvote 0
Reaction score

That error means, that you to create an account without a password. Normally, Chumpys Regpage should catch this, but in some cases. Most likely it means, that the stored procedure inaccessible "cabal_tool_registerAccount" can't execute the extended procedure xp_md5.

Check if the extended procedure is registered and accessible:
Code:
exec xp_md5 '1234'
Should return:
81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055

2) Find each table

Yes, allowing accounts without passwords is a pretty clever idea. Wait what?

This will fix a symptom, but your login still won't work, because your accounts won't have passwords.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Msg 17750, Level 16, State 0, Procedure xp_md5, Line 1
Could not load the DLL d:\cabal\xp_md5.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(error not found).

Thahts because it is in c:\windows
where can i set its location?
And Thanks for your support:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Could not load the DLL d:\cabal\xp_md5.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(error not found).

Thahts because it is in c:\windows
where can i set its location?

Here's an SQL script to drop (delete) your current extended procedure and register a new one.

Edit the location in the forth line ('c:\windows\xp_md5.dll') to the actual location of your xp_md5.dll

Code:
USE [master]
GO
EXEC dbo.sp_dropextendedproc N'xp_md5'
EXEC dbo.sp_addextendedproc N'xp_md5', 'c:\windows\xp_md5.dll'
GO

And Thanks for your support:)

Feel free to use the thanks button.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's an SQL script to drop (delete) your current extended procedure and register a new one.

Edit the location in the forth line ('c:\windows\xp_md5.dll') to the actual location of your xp_md5.dll

Code:
USE [master]
GO
EXEC dbo.sp_dropextendedproc N'xp_md5'
EXEC dbo.sp_addextendedproc N'xp_md5', 'c:\windows\xp_md5.dll'
GO

Feel free to use the thanks button.

Good idea:)
Worked, thanks alot, just one last problem:
When I login to the cash shop, it says Hack attemp, any ideas?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That error means, that you to create an account without a password. Normally, Chumpys Regpage should catch this, but in some cases. Most likely it means, that the stored procedure inaccessible "cabal_tool_registerAccount" can't execute the extended procedure xp_md5.

Check if the extended procedure is registered and accessible:
Code:
exec xp_md5 '1234'
Should return:

Yes, allowing accounts without passwords is a pretty clever idea. Wait what?

This will fix a symptom, but your login still won't work, because your accounts won't have passwords.

Even better idea...

way more secure, and way more reliable..

Go back to those settings and change ..do not allow null

Then go to your web page script, and change the NULL value in the web script to the required character set (EX: vchar, int, dec) Do not worry about the length, SQL will control that.. see, if the passwords are stored in variable character form, you can change the NULL into vchar, this should fix the problem, give passwords back, and raise securability...

I appreciate the thank you but you should include the thanks button ....plz =)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As much as I dislike starting up an old topic, this deals with the same thing that this person was dealing with.

So, me having a x64 bit computer, I download the 64 bit version of the xp_md5.dll. Everything is hooked together right, but.. I used to get this..

and I used Alphakilo23's Query to drop it and re-register it. And it gave me this message once I executed the "exec master.dbo.xp_md5 '1234'"

'Msg 17750, Level 16, State 0, Procedure xp_md5, Line 1
Could not load the DLL c:\md5\xp_md5.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 193(%1 is not a valid Win32 application.).'

Not a valid Win32? Oi. I have that x64 one for a fricking reason. :-/ Help now please!

Scrap that, I figured it out! Thanks for putting up those query's for me to test.

But now I can't create a character, as it gives me an 'Unkown DB error and can not proceed' message. Any help here? I notice server connection is terrible as well. Takes 15 seconds to get through the server, half of the time it doesn't even connect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back