Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is the best and updated guide in setting up EP8 server?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm VERY new to creating a private server and honestly, I have minimal to no background in game developing, programming or any IT related stuff. I'm more of a front-end guy. This would be my first time doing this. I have been playing CABAL Online PH since 2008 up until now and came across some guides on how to create your own private server and am very interested.

I know its not easy and I know it very well because I've been at it for 2 days already. I just created an account here few hours ago because I'm really having a difficult time making things work. I know that I could've just posted my errors and logs and all my problems but I did not want to go through aimlessly so I thought of the very basic question:

Am I following the right guide?

I am using a Windows 8.1 OS and have this modem+router all in one thingamajing (PLDT myDSL SpeedSurf 504AN) and I'm not even sure if all the programs are compatible with my system.

I have exhausted my common sense and Google-ing powers in fixing all the errors that I encountered; from the MSSQL setup to the Cabal services stopping. I don't even know how to do a port forwarding (Though I'v already searched how but its not working) I've looked all into the .ini files and actually had a hard time understanding some posts because I have no context of the situation. I actually paged through forum posts just to find any possible working answer I could find.

And I'm tired so help me! xD

Anyway, I really don't have plans in setting up a full blown private server.
I'm really just curious on how its done because I have a lot of free time for a few months and wanted to learn something new with the game I love.

So if you guys have any good guides where I can setup CABAL offline also, that'd be great.

Advance thanks to those who'll help. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think no need several months to do it. it is not as difficult as you might think. make ready questions, and we try to help u. (all release and methods only have been done on the site.)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i think no need several months to do it. it is not as difficult as you might think. make ready questions, and we try to help u. (all release and methods only have been done on the site.)
Thank your the reply behbeh111!
Hello again, RG Community!
So I wasn't successful on my first attempt in creating a private CABAL offline server and had not enough time to learn more. Right now, I am again, interested to set-up my own server (as in my offline server) of CABAL Online since I think I have ample time. I am bumping this old thread of mine and would like to ask:

Is this guide by LordAres still credible to follow for setting up an EP8 server?

Because I am thinking to start with that guide (again) and if you guys can maybe, recommend a list of other guide that I can mix-in when I start posting my problems in here.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
login to your router page, find something about forwarding or virtual private server, you can set your IP and port to open.
go to browser put IP 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

or you just can watch this video.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
OK so I have already setup my offline server with the help of my cousin who is pretty adept in programming and has background in setting up a server. He checked out the tutorial made by LordAres and apparently he told me that setting up a CABAL server would be hard for him if its only mostly a text tutorial and that if you're like a total noob like me, it will be very hard to do.

Even then, after finding a good video tutorial, he said that he didn't follow-through all the steps because there are things that he can do without or that since he has knowledge in programming that he can workaround with steps that are unnecessary. (I'm not sure how to explain further). So basically, my cousin was able to setup the server in around an hour and I was like whoah. Haha.

So, I think what I'm trying to say is, to answer my own question: There is no one tutorial that can totally help you to setup a private server. You'd pretty much need to know and understand what you're doing to troubleshoot errors and that having and understanding of programming is a must if you want to it up quickly.. But if you're into learning and have the time, surely you can setup a server in time.

Upvote 0
Back