Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DB Restore file missing/ Other sql help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys, the 219 files I find here are missing a couple of backup files. Character and another one. Could someone please share those with me? Secondly, I have other backups as well, but when I try to use them to restore, I get the 64 bit header length error in the database (its a backward compatibility issue. Caused because the DB used to create backup is higher than the server I am running which is sql server 2000)

I would REALLY appreciate some help on the following :

1.) I know we can use SQL 2008. The problems I am having is that A.) I am not able to enter server instance details (server name, server password, etc.) I think this is because I have residual files from a previous install. This is preventing me from creating a fresh install. So, How in the world am I to delete all the files from sql 2000? (even after uninstall of sql 2000 there are some files left)

2.) If I only install sql 2008, I cannot see the program that allows me to start my server, there is the managment studio, which is fine, but I cant seem to find the service manager for 2008

3.) If I can get sql 2008/2012 working with the service manager, I am sure I can use the backup files that I already have (there will be no compatibility issue)

BONUS : Anyone willing to teamviewer this with me will earn my never ending gratitude, and if you are in Bangalore, I will buy you some beers and we can chit chat about good old A3 days.

P.S : This is not for a commercial server. This is just so that I can run around the game and remember the old days

Much love,
Vikram

Back