Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Decoding packet sent by 562 client to Zone Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As you all know that I am trying to create a full fledged emulator, I need help in decoding the packets sent by 562 A3 Client to the Zone Agent. I tried to decode the packet by converting the algorithm used in Crypt.cpp file of the old Account Server code released here to C# and use it in my project, but failed (packet was unreadable). I also tried to use functions from asdecr.dll released by Chris in my project but after decoding the packets, its still gibberish.

Am I going in the right path in decoding the packets? If not please guide me the right way. Please explain me the packet structure if it can be read directly without decoding it. This is the crucial step in my project!

I have attached the depiction of meagre knowledge I acquired about the packet sent by Zone Server to the client soon after server selection from the talks I had with cvrdheeraj.

edited chars from server - Decoding packet sent by 562 client to Zone Agent - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
If I want to eliminate the need of ACL file in my emulator then what should I do?

Since we are in 2013 and we have faster machines and much better performing SQL servers, we could use the database to retrieve the Characters in the Account. You will have to create an index on the Character Name and Account ID for this operation to be fast. Just have the AccountServer read from the database and build the packet. It's as simple as that. :D:

Reaction score
Since we are in 2013 and we have faster machines and much better performing SQL servers, we could use the database to retrieve the Characters in the Account. You will have to create an index on the Character Name and Account ID for this operation to be fast. Just have the AccountServer read from the database and build the packet. It's as simple as that. :D:

Can be explain bit more on building the packet? How the packet has to be structured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back