Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Facing problems with SQL 2014

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Firstly, Hello everyone!

I created server long back on Windows Xp using MSSQL2000 and it worked perfectly fine.
But, The problem i am facing now is the Database backup files on the forums are of SQL 2000 and SQL 2014 does not support Backups of SQL below 2008. :?:

Anyone have SQL Database backups of SQL 2008 or 2012? if yes, it would be really nice if you share it and since this will be the same problem in future for creating servers on Win 8 or 8.1 because some files on SQL 2008 or below are not compatiable with Win 8 or 8.1.

I will make a detailed tutorial as of now in 2015 with latest SQL and OS once i get it up and running.

It is a request if you guys can share your backup files. Thank you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Firstly, Hello everyone!

I created server long back on Windows Xp using MSSQL2000 and it worked perfectly fine.
But, The problem i am facing now is the Database backup files on the forums are of SQL 2000 and SQL 2014 does not support Backups of SQL below 2008. :?:

Anyone have SQL Database backups of SQL 2008 or 2012? if yes, it would be really nice if you share it and since this will be the same problem in future for creating servers on Win 8 or 8.1 because some files on SQL 2008 or below are not compatiable with Win 8 or 8.1.

I will make a detailed tutorial as of now in 2015 with latest SQL and OS once i get it up and running.

It is a request if you guys can share your backup files. Thank you.

First of all you posted in wrong section.
Second is every thing works fine with win 8 or 8.1 even database
There is no compatibility issue for SQL greater than 2005 in win 8 or 8.1. All works fine.
Third is about SQL 2015 , if microsoft changed backup and restore pattern than they might have provided migration tools to migrate from sql 2008 to 2015. else it should work.
Search for it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: Got the databases working. Once i am up and running with the server i will post a guide soon :)

Last edited:
Back