Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up Server on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I was wondering, i recently managed to set up server perfectly on windows 7 32 /64 bit (Both). If people require i am ready to write a tutorial :)::rolleyes:

Tools i used:
BDE windows 7
SQL 2008

Ps- I would add and edit to old guides :p:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks It would be really appreciated. please also mention the changes on SQL 2005 and 2008 that are to be done while entering security logins.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey guys i am new here thinking about making a3 server for fun can any one help me coz i don't know which guide is better > m using window 7 > please guide me to better guide.And Sql server do i need and all thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I was wondering, i recently managed to set up server perfectly on windows 7 32 /64 bit (Both). If people require i am ready to write a tutorial :)::rolleyes:

Tools i used:
BDE windows 7
SQL 2008

Ps- I would add and edit to old guides :p:

Dude I'd kill to have you write a guide on setting a server on Win7 using SQL2008. I've been trying to make a server from SQL 2005 and 2008 but I've been getting a ton load of errors and problems.

Your guide would be really appreciated !

Thanks

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alrite done . I would make a guide . Gimme few days time (3-4 days) your working guide would be posted :)

Ps- I would add what common errors i made while making the server.

Adios thanks :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys if u r making a guide than make a one for me too i dnt know abc of making server :p so if u can help me, Make 1 good guide m using window 7 thanks n plzz if there is somthing i need to download than plzz post links also coz mostly all links r dead

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been successful in starting all the process for starting the server in windows 7. But my Zoneserver crashes after 30 sec after I start it. Any solution to that?

Reaction score
what do you mean by crashes?
If there's any error.. post a screenshot! If it just disappears check for virus.. I ll prefer online virus scan using virustotal

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nop there is no error ZS runs just fine. But it closes automatically after 30 sec with no error msg. I've been able to run same server on Win XP. Last time, I had same problem when I had set the Movement speed of snowman to 0.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using Taiwan server files. I'm getting 'Load map data, Index = 0' error. My index for zoneserver as well as for all maps are set to zero. With Raman's server files my zoneserver closes which I think might be due to less free ram. Cause I've been able to run both servers successfully in Win XP.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
@work
Reaction score
It may be because of ram... try using a different zoneserver.

About your map issue :

Check all maps are there at zonedata/map folder and in MapInfo.ini you have to give map the id of the server not zero... so in case you are running your server where your ZS has id= something else than zero then it may b an issue...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It may be because of ram... try using a different zoneserver.

About your map issue :

Check all maps are there at zonedata/map folder and in MapInfo.ini you have to give map the id of the server not zero... so in case you are running your server where your ZS has id= something else than zero then it may b an issue...

I've already checked for those. Same server files run OK on win XP. Only in Win 7 they give Load map error. Even different ZS closes after some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back