Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Special quests and using un-used items

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i wanted to know how to start sq 2-1 , 2-2 , 2-3,2-4,3-1 ... etc
as well as i wanted to know how to define the use of items for example if i right click on tp scroll it returns me to the town where the use of tp scroll is mentioned in the server side ?
is it the zoneserver ?
as well as i wanted to know a tool with the help of which we can track functions being called in real time.

please reply . need guidance atleast. :)

Reaction score
i wanted to know how to start sq 2-1 , 2-2 , 2-3,2-4,3-1 ... etc
as well as i wanted to know how to define the use of items for example if i right click on tp scroll it returns me to the town where the use of tp scroll is mentioned in the server side ?
is it the zoneserver ?
as well as i wanted to know a tool with the help of which we can track functions being called in real time.

please reply . need guidance atleast. :)

Not so good at reverse engineering. But I know it's theory. Basically to track a function in ZoneServer real time you can try this:
1. Open the ZoneServer.map file. It's the linker map generated while ZS was compiled. It has most function names, their addresses and which object file it situated. From this note down the address of the function you want to track.
2. Open ZoneServer.exe in OllyDbg and apply breakpoint to the address you found in the previous step.
3. Run ZoneServer.exe inside OllyDbg
4. Login into your server and do the action which will trigger the function you want to track.
5. ZS will stop executing at the breakpoint if you have applied it to the proper function and client will be stuck waiting for reply from server.
6. Then you can execute immediate next instruction by using the shortcut F8. It's called stepping forward. This way you can trace the ZS function in real time. When the function finishes execution it will have responded back to the client and action would have been performed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not so good at reverse engineering. But I know it's theory. Basically to track a function in ZoneServer real time you can try this:
1. Open the ZoneServer.map file. It's the linker map generated while ZS was compiled. It has most function names, their addresses and which object file it situated. From this note down the address of the function you want to track.
2. Open ZoneServer.exe in OllyDbg and apply breakpoint to the address you found in the previous step.
3. Run ZoneServer.exe inside OllyDbg
4. Login into your server and do the action which will trigger the function you want to track.
5. ZS will stop executing at the breakpoint if you have applied it to the proper function and client will be stuck waiting for reply from server.
6. Then you can execute immediate next instruction by using the shortcut F8. It's called stepping forward. This way you can trace the ZS function in real time. When the function finishes execution it will have responded back to the client and action would have been performed.

Thankyou karthik this is just great tutorial .
ill try these and update you.

Back