Special quests and using un-used items

MemberRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    44Posts

happy Special quests and using un-used items

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

i wanted to know how to start sq 2-1 , 2-2 , 2-3,2-4,3-1 ... etc
    as well as i wanted to know how to define the use of items for example if i right click on tp scroll it returns me to the town where the use of tp scroll is mentioned in the server side ?
    is it the zoneserver ?
    as well as i wanted to know a tool with the help of which we can track functions being called in real time.

please reply . need guidance atleast. :)

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    BangaloreLocation
    468Posts

Re: Special quests and using un-used items

Quote Originally Posted by roshan_jadhav32 View Post
    i wanted to know how to start sq 2-1 , 2-2 , 2-3,2-4,3-1 ... etc
    as well as i wanted to know how to define the use of items for example if i right click on tp scroll it returns me to the town where the use of tp scroll is mentioned in the server side ?
    is it the zoneserver ?
    as well as i wanted to know a tool with the help of which we can track functions being called in real time.

please reply . need guidance atleast. :)
    Not so good at reverse engineering. But I know it's theory. Basically to track a function in ZoneServer real time you can try this:
    1. Open the ZoneServer.map file. It's the linker map generated while ZS was compiled. It has most function names, their addresses and which object file it situated. From this note down the address of the function you want to track.
    2. Open ZoneServer.exe in OllyDbg and apply breakpoint to the address you found in the previous step.
    3. Run ZoneServer.exe inside OllyDbg
    4. Login into your server and do the action which will trigger the function you want to track.
    5. ZS will stop executing at the breakpoint if you have applied it to the proper function and client will be stuck waiting for reply from server.
    6. Then you can execute immediate next instruction by using the shortcut F8. It's called stepping forward. This way you can trace the ZS function in real time. When the function finishes execution it will have responded back to the client and action would have been performed.
    Have a look at my simple Discord bot https://github.com/cyberinferno/discord-chum

MemberRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    44Posts

Re: Special quests and using un-used items

Quote Originally Posted by cyberinferno View Post
    Not so good at reverse engineering. But I know it's theory. Basically to track a function in ZoneServer real time you can try this:
    1. Open the ZoneServer.map file. It's the linker map generated while ZS was compiled. It has most function names, their addresses and which object file it situated. From this note down the address of the function you want to track.
    2. Open ZoneServer.exe in OllyDbg and apply breakpoint to the address you found in the previous step.
    3. Run ZoneServer.exe inside OllyDbg
    4. Login into your server and do the action which will trigger the function you want to track.
    5. ZS will stop executing at the breakpoint if you have applied it to the proper function and client will be stuck waiting for reply from server.
    6. Then you can execute immediate next instruction by using the shortcut F8. It's called stepping forward. This way you can trace the ZS function in real time. When the function finishes execution it will have responded back to the client and action would have been performed.
    Thankyou karthik this is just great tutorial .
    ill try these and update you.

Advertisement