Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Any up to date tuts compatible with win10 ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As it says , I do have my files ready so I don't need those , I'm wondering if I could use a more modern SQL version in place of SQL2000 Since my pc won't allow me to install it I get some sort of bin error and I have cleaned my temp folder . I'm wondering what versions I could get away with running instead .

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What kind of bin errors are you getting, would it be possible to post some pictures of them?

Sure can , It's not a bin error exactly I should have explained it better , It's more so I can't run the setupsql application . But I'll ask your expertise on this .

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you do me a favor and do the following below

1. CTRL + Escape
2. search for run and then select it
3. Type in %appdata%, press enter
4. Then open Local then Temp and then SqlSetup and finally Bin, which then I want you to look for sqlsut.dll

If it's not there or is please let me know with a picture.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm on the hidden Administrator account if that makes any difference at all .

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is all that's there

Attachments

Staff member
Reaction score
It's seem your missing a whole folder therefore it can't find the directory specified, can you put this in the directory above and tell me what happens?

C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\SqlSetup\Bin

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sure , I'll probably just do a fresh install on this PC anyways I must of did something somewhere , I've had test servers of other games ran on this pc .

Attachments

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems your problem is that the directory just doesn't exist unless that's on another account which the account you are currently on doesn't have access to those files/folder.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That actually makes sense , It should be on the account I set the pc up with , This one is the built in admin account I activated in the command prompt , I really do appreciate your help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why don't you use MSSQL 2014 or 2016? It works perfectly on Windows 10 and it's easy to use.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I had MSSQL 2017 but I wasn't for sure if the databases would of worked with it , I have a Act11 2000 & 2008 clean db but I'll sit down tonight and give it a go and I'll let you know when I figure it out . Thanks guys

Back