Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

client crashes after character selection

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay so I have a major brain fart and can not figure this out. As the title states my client is crashing as soon as I create or select a character. From past experiences I believe this was due to not having admin permissions for the IP or account but I know this information is entered correctly in my files. I also have the correct ports forwarded so I do not believe that is an issue. Even with removing the gm file in my client files I have the same issue so that's why I believe it can't be admin permissions. Am I missing something simple here?

RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
does it do the loading screen and then crash or does it crash the moment you click create?
It may be that the skin for the character you are creating is faulty / missing.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It does not do the loading screen to load into town, it crashes when I try to create a character or select a character to load into game.
I thought it might have been client files being faulty but I deleted all the files and reinstalled the everything with the same issue. The weird part is I literally had this up and running about a week ago before deleting the files and starting fresh.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
What files are you using?
I'm pretty sure rebornPT has renamed their field files, something like natalvillage.smd
Check your game folder see if any error logs are generated, could point you to the problem.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay after trying again I am still having this problem. Sunny I believe EmpirePT was the server that had renamed field files like natalvillage.smd. I am pretty sure I was able to get the reborn files working fine with your VM setup but now I have no luck.

This is the error log I am getting.

DX Ver : 9.0c
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
CPU Vendor : Intel Corporation(2)
CPU Clock : 3501Mhz
MEM Info. : 40954096MB
HDD Info. : C:\ 186976 / 238472MB
D:\ 236769 / 285599MB
Resolution : 1920 x 1080
VGA Vendor :
Adaptor : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
vram : 1024MB
DACtype : Integrated RAMDAC
VGA Driver : nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx.dll
version :
date :

Upvote 0
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
@Shrexter that log entry is only showing your system specs.

if you open up the game.exe in ollydbg find the location of the field loading:

right click -> search -> find all referenced text strings
in the pop up find 'field\'

that takes you to the top of the fields section

from there scroll through and it shows all the field names, just compare that to yours (and the folder structure)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Shrexter that log entry is only showing your system specs.

if you open up the game.exe in ollydbg find the location of the field loading:

right click -> search -> find all referenced text strings
in the pop up find 'field\'

that takes you to the top of the fields section

from there scroll through and it shows all the field names, just compare that to yours (and the folder structure)

Both the game.exe in Ollydbg and my field folders are matching correctly. I remember using the Empire Files where the town maps were renamed I would get the logging screen but once the character was about to spawn into town the game would crash.

Using the reborn files once I select the character the game automatically crashes. I have reinstalled all files to make sure no files are corrupt but that was no fix. I think I had no issues logging on before but now I am not sure why exactly I am having this problem.

Upvote 0
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
and if you run the game in olly, whats it give you? it should show the exception thrown and where it breaks in olly when it crashes if you use the debugger.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry, I am not very experienced with Olly. This is what I am showing

Upvote 0
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
looks like your standard starting point, when you start debugging (f9) it will pause on a push (seen there) press f9 again to continue. <br>when the game starts, log in and let it crash, it should hopefully jump to where the program crashes and will also give a brief explanation of what happened too (memory exception etc)<br><br><br>

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys you noticed that the RebornPT files, except that part of replacing the standard IP with you own IP Address, any other part of the GM Game in Hex makes that bug to happen.

Does any of you knows the solution?

Once I tried to modify an item with 4 cubes of space to 8 cubes, couldn't do it because the game has some kind of protection.

Upvote 0
Back