Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

client.exe crush (pt source 2012)

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I managed to compile and run both server and client exe from "[Release] PT Source 2012 (Visual Studio 2013) Fixed".
After I enter id & password and click the server name, the client crush with the following exception:
tnrh1 - client.exe crush (pt source 2012) - RaGEZONE Forums

The code is a part of the following function:
Code:
int smCHAR::ChangeMotion( int Motion , int DpMode )
Belonged to the character.cpp file.

I was trying to debug it and try to find something not right, the only thing I came up is that the function ChangeMotion is beeing called 6 times before the game crush.

It's being called from HoLogin.cpp:

Code:
int	HoLogin::AddUserCharacter(char *chrFile1, char *chrFile2, int jobCode)
{
	for(int index = 0; index < CHARACTER_USER_MAX; index++)
	{
		if(UserCharacter[index].DisplayFlag == FALSE)
		{
			UserCharacter[index].Init();
			UserCharacter[index].lpStage = Stage;

SetLoadPattern( &UserCharacter[index], chrFile1, chrFile2, 0, 0);
			UserCharacter[index].SetPosi( UserCharacterPos[index][0]*fONE, 
				Stage->GetHeight( UserCharacterPos[index][0]*fONE, UserCharacterPos[index][1]*fONE)
				, UserCharacterPos[index][1]*fONE, 0, ANGLE_180, 0);
			UserCharacter[index].ActionPattern = 0;

[B]UserCharacter[index].ChangeMotion(10);[/B]

//if(jobCode == 4)
				//UserCharacter[index].ChangeMotion(11);

UserCharacterCount++;
			ReadTextures();

UserCharacter[index].lpDinaPattern->Pat->smMaterialGroup->CheckMatreialTextureSwap();
			if ( UserCharacter[index].lpDinaPattern2 )
				UserCharacter[index].lpDinaPattern2->Pat->smMaterialGroup->CheckMatreialTextureSwap();
			break;
		}
	}

return TRUE;
}

Any help would be appreciated.

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you use the client files they are provided in the package? Looks like some model files are not loaded correct or missing, or you change something out of this snipped

Upvote 0
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
@drz, yes I am.
Maybe telling us more about the ChangeMotion function will help us to understand what is what or what files are missing.

Upvote 0
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
I've been trying to log in with an account that I assumed was created "admin", so I tried to create one of my own and everything is working 100%. In the character create screen there is a space for an assassin and a shaman but they are not there.
I believe that the admin account has one of them, and when the game try to load it.. it crushes.

@srz, SunnyZ
Do you know why there is a place for the new classes but they not appear?

Upvote 0

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was adding new classes some times ago. but remove them for provide a clean source. May i have forgett to change the places to. Just compare the character position with old source and set correct positions.

Upvote 0
Back