Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Panel scrolls while selecting character!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys!
This problem is recurrent for some, but I have not found a solution posted in any corner of the Internet.

I use the EPT 3211 files and the Jiraya T5 panel with new classes.

I already modified the DAT and put it to create with it.

The creation on the panel is OK.

With the char created there, Ingame logging in is OK.

When I access the char again on the panel, it automatically returns to the login screen ...

It only happens with characters that have been logged in.

Permissions have already been added.

The grid is already known to know the solution.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Link pannel

5343856 - [Help] Panel scrolls while selecting character! - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
Perhaps the panel encounters something it can't handle in the character file and pushes the log out as fail-safe.

The character files differ from client to client and version to version

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Jhow90

I had the same problem and here's the fast solution

On the file inside the panel's folder named Index2.php, type ctrl+f and search for "details".

Roll down some arrays and replace this:
$charID = trim(substr($fRead,0x2d0,10),"\x00");

to this:

$charID = trim(substr($fRead,0x2d8,10),"\x00");

the offset 0x2d8 is where the panel finds the account's ID where the char is located

Depending the game, the offset can be different, my case was BPT 4220

I still couldn't find what panel's file is writing on the account's .dat

It has some problems because when you create a character, with this array modification the panel only reads the .dat when the char logged at least one time ingame.

and a creation of a second character on the account presents a different offset, causing a bugged file.

That's why if someone find what file write data on the account's .dat would be great to share with me, and I could fix it, too.

Best wishes.

Upvote 0
RZA-PT | KilroyPT
Reaction score
@Jhow90

I had the same problem and here's the fast solution

On the file inside the panel's folder named Index2.php, type ctrl+f and search for "details".

Roll down some arrays and replace this:
$charID = trim(substr($fRead,0x2d0,10),"\x00");

to this:

$charID = trim(substr($fRead,0x2d8,10),"\x00");

the offset 0x2d8 is where the panel finds the account's ID where the char is located

Depending the game, the offset can be different, my case was BPT 4220

I still couldn't find what panel's file is writing on the account's .dat

It has some problems because when you create a character, with this array modification the panel only reads the .dat when the char logged at least one time ingame.

and a creation of a second character on the account presents a different offset, causing a bugged file.

That's why if someone find what file write data on the account's .dat would be great to share with me, and I could fix it, too.

Best wishes.

By theory on the account.dat it should only write the characters name (Max 0xf long) should be starting at like 0x20 then second char at 0x40 etc etc.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
By theory on the account.dat it should only write the characters name (Max 0xf long) should be starting at like 0x20 then second char at 0x40 etc etc.

Yes man I know, it's on the char.inc.php the problem.
I think is on $writeAccName, but I don't know enough PHP to change the offsets, couldn't find the edit offset, which it starts on the 720 (and should start on 728)... I only could find a value 730 on this file, which any change on it makes it unusable.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well, due to the limitations on the file's size, I grabbed only what I imagine is the basic to take a look at the files.

The bug on the account's .dat were solved yesterday, was really some different offsets.

So the existing bug is the *write* function that takes the "char.dat" and paste the Account's ID on the wrong (!) place, should be the offset 728 or 0x2d8, and paste on the 720 or 0x2d0...

On these uploaded files we may find the "bug".

Thank you all

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back