Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fix Gemming Bug in Source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AnyOne have an idea were to fix Gemming bug server or client side?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i see. it is in RecvPACKET.cpp ?? or were should i locate the cpp file and fix those bug??

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm no idea really.
i am not that hardcore into editing i-rose or evo sources to be honest.... use to be ages ago but not as much now.
tho you leave a lot of you bug vage at most.... so it could be a number of things right now.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you describe what exactly happens ?

Are you running on source? If so what source code do you use ?

You need to give more details so I can try to help you.

Hij.

Upvote 0
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a weird bug that seems to be related to the code that decides what equip slot to use.
It appears to only happen when using compiled 137 source and the Arcturus server that comes with it.
I use a modified OsRose server and I don't see this problem at all with my 137 client.
In fact when I applied a patch that reportedly fixed it for teh arc server version it actually caused tehsame problem on mine so I put it back the way it was.

The only issue I have with gems is that they cause an assertion error in znzin whenever I equip an item with a gem. clicking ignore allows it to carry on though

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a weird bug that seems to be related to the code that decides what equip slot to use.
It appears to only happen when using compiled 137 source and the Arcturus server that comes with it.
I use a modified OsRose server and I don't see this problem at all with my 137 client.
In fact when I applied a patch that reportedly fixed it for teh arc server version it actually caused tehsame problem on mine so I put it back the way it was.

The only issue I have with gems is that they cause an assertion error in znzin whenever I equip an item with a gem. clicking ignore allows it to carry on though

Because even if my patch seems to fix almost completely this issue, i think the problem with gem is deeper than that. I don't think that was the proper way to fix it.
I'll try it again later, but first i need to fix ton of bugs a lot worse than the gem bug on these files x)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you describe what exactly happens ?

Are you running on source? If so what source code do you use ?

You need to give more details so I can try to help you.

Hij.

if i put a gem in a weapon my charname also changing to 1 letter or numbers sometime unread everytime i put a gem on a wep it always changing the charname. were should i possible to fix it?

i use Arc source irose this source from dagnarus for sure because in tag name coloring i see his name there ^^

and also the calculation in the source is bug.
it kind a mix evo and irose. sometime when your hp is <100 or 25 then if you hit it doesnt die you need to hit it again.

Upvote 0
Last of the OsRose Devs
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I recently discovered a slight bug in my 137 source that might have been causing this.
I haven't had a chance to push up a fix yet though.
The problem (with my code) is that I changed the format of equipable items in CItem.h but I missed a single struct that still uses the old method of formatting. This results in items which have some memory locations from the gemming packets bleeding over into other areas. Also the packet size is not quite 100% compatible with the size of the old struct so it could be throwing off the offset value which controls where the client starts to read in the name string at the end of the packet.

If I get the time early next week I will push up a fix to my repo

Upvote 0
Back