Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Okay, this is getting beyond a joke...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, now this is just plain :bad:...

I've spent hours trying to set up an Aglaia server, but I just can't seem able to connect to it! This is what I've done:

-) Set up the AglaiaSQL Database with a username of Matt and a password of *********
(Note: I'm using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, in case that changes anything)

-)Hex'd GameServer v20.exe so that both IPs match my WAN IP (I'm behind a router, so I've followed the hellkaze's guide on setting up a loopback adapter - the IP set for it matches what ipchicken comes up with, and the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 (255.255.255.254 doesn't seem to work))

-)Set up the ODBC to use the AglaiaSQL database

-)Activated all three Servers (Login, Authorization and Game) using the password generated in SQL for the authorization and the password used to access the database - currently Login and Auth are Online, while Game reports as being on Standby

Basically, I've followed Avarant's guide as best I can, except in one of the steps to do with the SQL server, the option for Database Access doesn't come up on mine...

I seriously have no idea what else to do. I really want to get to work on editing my server, but first I want to actually get it working. Can somebody please give me a hand with this, because I'm really not sure what else to try.

Many thanks in advance. Please respond ASAP (although after about 4 hours more I'll be MIA for a few days. Still, please respond as soon as you can!)
~Geo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project seems be dead..
Lots of links are deads too..

I hope the project will be continued but...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most links are dead, yes. Mine remain active, but I'm a nobody here, so my links will never be stickied.

The way my friend and I recently got it to run behind a router is have each part of the server whole use the IP that the router gives the computer (should look like 192.168.0.* ), and hex the gameserver to use that same IP. Then make sure you have ports 2000 and 11031 forwarded to the computer that the server is running on. Worked like a charm for us.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah, many thanks, taarna23. I'll have to try that one at some stage, after testing a Hamachi theory I've come up with. Of course, that's after I can figure out why my SQLServer has mysteriously stopped working... >_>

Thanks!
~Geo

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project seems be dead..
Lots of links are deads too.

Back