Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to encrypt HTScript.sys

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know how to encrypt the HTScript.sys, basically I want to edit the title names on my server but using an HTScript.sys on my client would make it crash, I read somewhere on this forum that I need to encrypt it or something similar to what HanbitSoft did

Any ideas? please share if possible, thanks

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know how to encrypt the HTScript.sys, basically I want to edit the title names on my server but using an HTScript.sys on my client would make it crash, I read somewhere on this forum that I need to encrypt it or something similar to what HanbitSoft didAny ideas? please share if possible, thanks
Don't waste your time dude , no one will share .. HTScript.sys needs a compiler for you to edit those titles names etc , as what Eliana said .she created the tool/compiler to edit / add names on titles .
good luck ! Ciao! :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well because im not able to login with my FB account on the forum since weeks ago, I will answer with this other account.

And probably with my answer, the guy (Davide Milidoni) who is doing tools for tantra to sell, is gonna do this too.

HTScript.sys is nothing else than another tantraparam with an added tab page called Tittle , the file in xml is called TantraParamExp.xml, the encryption method is the same used in all other encrypted files of tantra (CryptEncrypt function . So in order to encrypt it, you have 2 ways:

1.- Find the KEY client and server use to decrypt it ( which of course is the same to encrypt it) and then write your program to encrypt the file with that key.
or
2.- hook the decrypt function on client and server, to a custom one in a .dll made by you in which you use your own KEY to encrypt and decrypt.

In my opinion, #1 is harder than #2, as I said in the other post, to find that KEY took me like 2 month of search and learn. I supouse that for experts in assembler and c++ finding the key will be more easy that it was for me.

Regards
Eliana Gherbaz

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well because im not able to login with my FB account on the forum since weeks ago, I will answer with this other account.

And probably with my answer, the guy (Davide Milidoni) who is doing tools for tantra to sell, is gonna do this too.

HTScript.sys is nothing else than another tantraparam with an added tab page called Tittle , the file in xml is called TantraParamExp.xml, the encryption method is the same used in all other encrypted files of tantra (CryptEncrypt function . So in order to encrypt it, you have 2 ways:

1.- Find the KEY client and server use to decrypt it ( which of course is the same to encrypt it) and then write your program to encrypt the file with that key.
or
2.- hook the decrypt function on client and server, to a custom one in a .dll made by you in which you use your own KEY to encrypt and decrypt.

In my opinion, #1 is harder than #2, as I said in the other post, to find that KEY took me like 2 month of search and learn. I supouse that for experts in assembler and c++ finding the key will be more easy that it was for me.

Regards
Eliana Gherbaz
I see, thanks

Actually I have a tab on my param named "Title" and it starts with 40001 im not sure if you made a typo so I'm confused if it is "Title" or "Tittle"

I tried removing HTScript.sys on my client and added the new param with the "Title" Tab and it didn't seem to work, cant even see the titles anymore

May I know what program/software I should use/study for hooking the decrypt function with a DLL file?

Thanks

I was trying to find out how to encrypt it like you told me a few months ago on another thread,

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
... im not sure if you made a typo so I'm confused if it is "Title" or "Tittle"

I made a typo sorry, the tab name is Title.

I tried removing HTScript.sys on my client and added the new param with the "Title" Tab and it didn't seem to work, cant even see the titles anymore

You cannot remove the HTScript.sys from client.
When I said that HTScript.sys is just another tantraparam, is because Hanbit added a 2nd param to the client and called HTScript.sys, is the same as what they did with for example MonsterTex, you have 2 files MonsterTex and MonsterTex2, MonsterTex2 is the expansion, well HTScript.sys is the expansion of tantraparam.tpa. This was made to avoid CPU overload for reading big files (is faster to read 2 files of 1MB than to read 1 of 2MB).

so tantraparam.tpa= TantraParam.xml
and
HTScript.sys=TantraParamExp.xml

Even if you have the Title tab on the TantraParam.xml, the actual compiler(XML2TXT), don't have the code to encrypt that tab (the tab is ignored), so you have to write your own compiler which includes that tab in the encrypted file, and then you have to call it HTScript.sys because that is the file the client and server will read for Titles. If you don't want to have 2 files for the param (tantraparam.tpa and HTScript.sys) then you will need to modify HTLauncher and Zone to read just 1.

May I know what program/software I should use/study for hooking the decrypt function with a DLL file?

There are already lots of libraries (lib) that will do the hard work of the hook, you just need to select one of them, include it in your .dll and use it.
I can't tell you which lib to use, because that depends on what language you will use for write the .dll.
You can learn on how to hook, by just googling "detour [lang]", for example if you are going to use c++ then "detour c++"

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
" If you don't want to have 2 files for the param (tantraparam.tpa and HTScript.sys) then you will need to modify HTLauncher and Zone to read just 1. "

Hi eliana , if we modified the HTLauncher and Zone.exe to read only 1 file which is TantraParam.tpa only , then we can easily rename / add titles in Title TAB " TantraParam.xml " ??

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
" If you don't want to have 2 files for the param (tantraparam.tpa and HTScript.sys) then you will need to modify HTLauncher and Zone to read just 1. "

Hi eliana , if we modified the HTLauncher and Zone.exe to read only 1 file which is TantraParam.tpa only , then we can easily rename / add titles in Title TAB " TantraParam.xml " ??
Yes I think that is possible but you would have to make a compiler that will include the "Title" tab on the param

I made a typo sorry, the tab name is Title.

You cannot remove the HTScript.sys from client.
When I said that HTScript.sys is just another tantraparam, is because Hanbit added a 2nd param to the client and called HTScript.sys, is the same as what they did with for example MonsterTex, you have 2 files MonsterTex and MonsterTex2, MonsterTex2 is the expansion, well HTScript.sys is the expansion of tantraparam.tpa. This was made to avoid CPU overload for reading big files (is faster to read 2 files of 1MB than to read 1 of 2MB).

so tantraparam.tpa= TantraParam.xml
and
HTScript.sys=TantraParamExp.xml

Even if you have the Title tab on the TantraParam.xml, the actual compiler(XML2TXT), don't have the code to encrypt that tab (the tab is ignored), so you have to write your own compiler which includes that tab in the encrypted file, and then you have to call it HTScript.sys because that is the file the client and server will read for Titles. If you don't want to have 2 files for the param (tantraparam.tpa and HTScript.sys) then you will need to modify HTLauncher and Zone to read just 1.

There are already lots of libraries (lib) that will do the hard work of the hook, you just need to select one of them, include it in your .dll and use it.
I can't tell you which lib to use, because that depends on what language you will use for write the .dll.
You can learn on how to hook, by just googling "detour [lang]", for example if you are going to use c++ then "detour c++"

Oh okay, I got that, thank you so much for the clarification, I'll do c++ then, kudos

Upvote 0
Back