Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gameguard for Tantra

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone please tell me what gameguard is good for Tantra?

I'm a noob so I can't make my own, I have already searched google and this forum for answers

I found Pinkof Gameguard (Links are all dead) VMP (I have no idea how to use this)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
xD my answer is NONE unless it is on Server side, and I said that because all GameGuards that resides on the Client, can be bypassed, some are easy to bypass and some are harder, but at the end ALL Client side can be bypassed, even if you protect the game files with packers.

Nowdays there are a lot tutos on youtube that teach anyone (even those w/o any skills) to bypass anticheats.

Anyways you can try a free one called CODEX that is released here in RageZone, and you can learn of it too because the guy release the source code too. Was made for MU, but it have the common things that an anticheat do for blocking common cheat programs, of course will not protect the game from custom cheats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
xD my answer is NONE unless it is on Server side, and I said that because all GameGuards that resides on the Client, can be bypassed, some are easy to bypass and some are harder, but at the end ALL Client side can be bypassed, even if you protect the game files with packers.

Nowdays there are a lot tutos on youtube that teach anyone (even those w/o any skills) to bypass anticheats.

Anyways you can try a free one called CODEX that is released here in RageZone, and you can learn of it too because the guy release the source code too. Was made for MU, but it have the common things that an anticheat do for blocking common cheat programs, of course will not protect the game from custom cheats.

Haha true, thanks

There's no such thing as perfect anti DDoS or Perfect Gameguard, there will always be a sword and a shield

I only want to block CheatEngine and/or Sora Engine for my client though, I will true CODEX, thanks

Upvote 0
Reaction score
There are few ways I can think of:
1. Make your Client root kit.
2. Run your client under different Windows Account and removes other windows account access to read your application. (Permission error something like that.)
3. Make a simple C#/VB.NET application that reads "Window Titles" and loop it. Blocks / closes the Matching window titles when found or close your Client when one of those are found.
4. Sometime ago I laughed when I saw some server renamed their HTLauncher.exe into "MyClient.dll". Thinking that be safe. Well, yea, it might be because players directly look at *.exe and not Dlls. Then again, this is NOT the way you wanted. This is just a very poorly thought out prevention.

But since you already told us that you're noob, I assume you dont have any Idea where to start or what to do with what I said.

Also, Silkroad Online Private servers NOW moves to Packet-protection methods. Which is 100% Server sided.
Look for Projecthax SRO if I remember correctly, ask them if they support other games aside from Silkroad.

Edit:
I made a very basic one before. What it does it what I said in #3.
I have a list of blacklisted titles & black listed *.exe somewhere hosted remotely.
Then, my application downloads the list but never saves it in a file, it just directly store all the black list words in a List box.
Then the application will Loop through the list box and search all *.exe & all black listed titles.
Then Close the found black listed window or *.exe.

Snippet:
Code:
If rP.ProcessName.Contains(blacklistedEXE) Then
                        rP.CloseMainWindow()
                        rP.Kill()
                        MsgBox("Detected: " & rP.ProcessName & ".exe")
End If

This gets the job done. But KNOW THIS.
THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION.
THEY CAN JUST RENAME THE EXE AND BYPASS IT
. lmao

The fun part is that I can also put a memory reader to my basic anti cheat that reads the players Username.
So, when he tries to cheat, I can know WHO because the Anti-cheat logs his username and send it to me through FTP or Mail or even Push bullet.

Example is:
Code:
Player: Master_Unknown
Application: cheatengine-i386.exe
Date: 8:18 PM 3/5/2017

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2. Run your client under different Windows Account and removes other windows account access to read your application. (Permission error something like that.)
3. Make a simple C#/VB.NET application that reads "Window Titles" and loop it. Blocks / closes the Matching window titles when found or close your Client when one of those are found.
4. Sometime ago I laughed when I saw some server renamed their HTLauncher.exe into "MyClient.dll". Thinking that be safe. Well, yea, it might be because players directly look at *.exe and not Dlls. Then again, this is NOT the way you wanted. This is just a very poorly thought out prevention.

But since you already told us that you're noob, I assume you dont have any Idea where to start or what to do with what I said.

Also, Silkroad Online Private servers NOW moves to Packet-protection methods. Which is 100% Server sided.
Look for Projecthax SRO if I remember correctly, ask them if they support other games aside from Silkroad.

Edit:
I have a list of blacklisted titles & black listed *.exe somewhere hosted remotely.
Then, my application downloads the list but never saves it in a file, it just directly store all the black list words in a List box.
Then the application will Loop through the list box and search all *.exe & all black listed titles.

Snippet:
Code:
                        rP.CloseMainWindow()
                        rP.Kill()
End If

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION.
. lmao

The fun part is that I can also put a memory reader to my basic anti cheat that reads the players Username.
So, when he tries to cheat, I can know WHO because the Anti-cheat logs his username and send it to me through FTP or Mail or even Push bullet.

Example is:
Code:

Not everyone knows how to bypass it though, this is actually very helpful, it may not disable cheatengine on my client completely but at least it will decrease the users by a lot (I hope)

About using your code, I compile it using Visual Basic Studio right? and save it as .dll then attach it to my client?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not everyone knows how to bypass it though, this is actually very helpful, it may not disable cheatengine on my client completely but at least it will decrease the users by a lot (I hope)

About using your code, I compile it using Visual Basic Studio right? and save it as .dll then attach it to my client?

Probably not everyone knows how to bypass the dll, but for sure A LOT knows how to rename a window, so, a code that just close by window's name is a very very bad anticheat.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Probably not everyone knows how to bypass the dll, but for sure A LOT knows how to rename a window, so, a code that just close by window's name is a very very bad anticheat.

I dont have anything atm though, I tried CODEX, the one you suggested, it seems the setup is too complicated for me, I need some time to understand this, master's code would be a good start for me though since I'm a noob I should probably start with something simple

Edit:

Snippet:
Code:
                        rP.CloseMainWindow()
                        rP.Kill()
End If

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION.
. lmao

Example is:
Code:

master, may I know how to setup our application?

I tried copying your code on visual basic studio 2015 (File>New>Project>Console Application)

rP.CloseMainWindow()
rP.Kill()
End If

Then pressed "F5"

then got 26 errors, I understand that I need something like blacklisted.exe or Black Listed.exe as you mentioned, how do I make that?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All I was saying is that you will waste your time by just doing an anticheat that only looks for the window's name, why? because there are a lot programs on the web for renaming a window, just do a google search and see by yourself. And just by renaming the window for something else, your anticheat will not work anymore. If you still want to go for the simplest option, then instead of using window's name use the class name, of course that can be changed to, but in some cases is a little more hard than changing the window's name

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Again even XTrap is not a solid solution. If you want to avoid cheats just don't start a server or do lots of research on server-side anticheat systems if you can find some decent resources. good luck

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like I said, that is not a solution.
Mayber @Eliana Gherbaz can just release the Original Tantra-Online.com client with XTRAP in it. lmao
But be prepared, Client with XTRAP in it is pain in the butt and does not like to be packed. xD

I can but I will not, because that will not help, first because that XTrap is not updated and dont allow the client to run on win8+ (and for the update WiseLogic was asking 6k USD year subscription on 2012, dont know how much it cost right now), so he will stuck his players on win7 and below, and 2do: bypasing XTrap is as fast as bypassing any other anticheat on client side.

There is one thing we all have to think about: why there is no multiplayer game free of cheats? or do you know any free of it? because I don't.

The basic reason of it is that to get rid of cheats you need a full authoritative server, and that is an utopia on multiplayer games, because the load on the server would be so heavy that playing it would be almost impossible. That is why AAA multiplayers games just leave to the server those things that are most important, and leave on the client the others, and let those companies like WiseLogic to make money by selling their anticheats.

In brief: there is no multiplayer game 100% free of cheats no matter which anticheat is used, you will have to deal with that if you want to manage a game server and make your best to try to let your players learn not to use them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
There wont be any server (game server) now and in foreseable future that will support a "Fair Game Cheat Free" gameplay.
According to your concept, if that happens, that means the server will handle everything. And I think it will be a boat load of processing needed to be done on the server side. Which mean, you are probably going to rent / create a super server for that to happen just to give your players Cheat Free environment.

Cost effective wise, maybe thats why MANY / Most of the game developers just relies on 3rd party Anti Cheat like Xigncode and others. Because its cheaper that way and less maintenance.

But if you're just looking for a quick solution that prevents at least the noobs to use cheat engine. Then, thats easy. :p

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The issue is that despite every attempt to disable cheats in game there is always a new one that comes out. It seems that those that exploit everything about the game will find themselves without a server to play and disappointed players because they just can't seem to leave well enough alone. If they used their skills for something useful like trying to fix world hunger or design a better energy system this world would be a better place and more efficient. Yet, the only thing they can do is to disrupt services and cause more issues and live in their mom's basement jerking off while eating Cheetos. A very non-productive life and very lonely at that. Basically, a waste of flesh and space.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
A world you're looking for without any contradictions IS Ducking boring.
World without someone causing disruption will not progress at all.

Its like you're saying "You're ok to whatever goes as long as my life is 100% fine.".
Dont be a sheep.

Edit:
People who opposes / contradicts others creates the room for progress.
Because to those whom they contradict will find a way to stop those who contradicted / opposed them.

That is why, the world of "computer technology" today is ever evolving due to Black hat vs White hat.

Without them, we're still probably using MSDOS at the early version because by your logic, we're contented to what we have.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People that only create contradiction to one end do not make progress. They create chaos. There is nothing progressive about that. Your logic is flawed.Cooperative communication and opposing thought leads to progress. That is not destructive. That is useful. These people that I speak of are the chaos creators. They thrive on misery and destruction.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Ma'am Eliana, I was following guides online about CODEX that you recommended and I bumped into hooking the DLL with OllyDBG, but after I save the file " Copy>Select All>Copy>To File>HTLauncher.exe(Desktop) the size is 14.9 MB, but I used my original HTLauncher when I opened it with OllyDBG (1,776 KB) and as expected I cannot run it, I tried it again this time without touching the HTLauncher, did the same process and the result is still the same, 14.9MB

I'm sure I was following the instructions, but even so, because I tried saving the file with OllyDBG without touching the HTLauncher and the result is the same I have no idea whats wrong other than how I saved my file

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ma'am Eliana, I was following guides online about CODEX that you recommended and I bumped into hooking the DLL with OllyDBG, but after I save the file " Copy>Select All>Copy>To File>HTLauncher.exe(Desktop) the size is 14.9 MB, but I used my original HTLauncher when I opened it with OllyDBG (1,776 KB) and as expected I cannot run it, I tried it again this time without touching the HTLauncher, did the same process and the result is still the same, 14.9MB

I'm sure I was following the instructions, but even so, because I tried saving the file with OllyDBG without touching the HTLauncher and the result is the same I have no idea whats wrong other than how I saved my file

First things first: I didn't recommended, I suggested you can try with that one and learn from it how to block things. Take note that it was made for MU, so it have things that will not work for Tantra unless you make changes.

Now about the attachment: which version of Olly are you using? 1.x or 2.x? because on 1.x to save the added code you do:
- right click on CPU->Copy to executable->all modifications->copy all->close the window that shows up-> Yes (to the confirmation)->Select the name and location for the file to be saved.

With 2.x:
- right click on CPU->Edit->Copy to executable->close the window that shows up-> Yes (to the confirmation)->Select the name and location for the file to be saved.

With dynamic linking (using Olly) the HTLauncher size will not grow, and nothing to do with HTlauncher if you mod the .dll, unless to replace the old .dll for the new one on the folder where HTLauncher runs.
With static linking (using PE) the HTLauncher size will grow because the .dll will be embeded inside the launcher, and if you use this method, be sure to keep a backup of the HTLauncher w/o the dll, because anytime you make a mod on the dll you will need to embed it again on the HTLauncher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
That is why the custom launcher comes in to place. To patch your HTLauncher directly when there's an update to your *.dll.
That's one way to make your life easier.

Another good practice is just make the *.dll that reads the block list from your web host and you can update the list remotely. With that, you dont have to update your *.dll as frequently as possible.

Also, people will only help you this much.
No one will spoon feed you.
Until you take a risk of getting someone to work with your Anti-cheat, you are on your own.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is why the custom launcher comes in to place. To patch your HTLauncher directly when there's an update to your *.dll.
That's one way to make your life easier.

Another good practice is just make the *.dll that reads the block list from your web host and you can update the list remotely. With that, you dont have to update your *.dll as frequently as possible.

Also, people will only help you this much.
No one will spoon feed you.
Until you take a risk of getting someone to work with your Anti-cheat, you are on your own.

Yeah thanks, I never wanted anyone to spoon feed me though that won't make me a better developer and it would be less fun, I only asked for hints and where to start, which you guys have already provided, I'm currently figuring things on my own right now

Thank you everyone for your efforts :)

Upvote 0
Back