Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to read SYS files or ps17.license on Tantra K5.2

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone share their ideas on how to read sys or bin files such as

HTScript.sys
SinQuickSlot_Charactername.sys
HTQuest.sys
Serverlist.bin
ps17.license (PS 1.7 R2 License)
HTUserSetting.sys

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can anyone share their ideas on how to read sys or bin files such as

HTScript.sys
SinQuickSlot_Charactername.sys
HTQuest.sys
Serverlist.bin
ps17.license (PS 1.7 R2 License)
HTUserSetting.sys

You can try to use HEX Editor for viewing the files, or for you to be easy find the .xls (Excel) files then you convert
HTScript.sys -> From TantraParam.xls
SinQuickSlot_Charactername.sys - Generated by HTLauncher when u create a Char
HTQuest.sys -> From TantraParam.xls
Serverlist.bin -> Generated by HTLauncher From Serverlist.txt
ps17.license (PS 1.7 R2 License) -> License by an Anti-Cheat Software Can be deleted
HTUserSetting.sys ->Is a Display Setting Save Config Generated by Update.exe/STTantra.exe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can try to use HEX Editor for viewing the files, or for you to be easy find the .xls (Excel) files then you convert
HTScript.sys -> From TantraParam.xls
SinQuickSlot_Charactername.sys - Generated by HTLauncher when u create a Char
HTQuest.sys -> From TantraParam.xls
Serverlist.bin -> Generated by HTLauncher From Serverlist.txt
ps17.license (PS 1.7 R2 License) -> License by an Anti-Cheat Software Can be deleted
HTUserSetting.sys ->Is a Display Setting Save Config Generated by Update.exe/STTantra.exe

Hey BARUROT could you explain how with an HEX editor you will READ an encrypted file? (he is asking on how to read not on how to see the content of an encrypted file)
.xls (EXCEL)? I thought tantra files were .xml (Extensible Markup Language)
HTScript.sys -> From TantraParam.xls (wrong answer), it is from TantraParamExp.xml (which is almost the same as TantraParam, with the exception that it includes the Titles Tab which TantraParam don't have)

iElyrb: I will give you and idea of what i did to read the content of some of the files you mentioned:
It is well known that the client needs to decrypt those files in order to be able to use them, so attach a debugger to the client and make a breakpoint when the file is open for read, when that happens client will allocate mem and store the encripted bytes, so put a mem on access breakpoint on that allocated memory, and when the client starts to decrypt it you will see in which mem address the decrypted bytes are allocated, then when client finish to decrypt, just dump that mem sector and thats all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey @BARUROT could you explain how with an HEX editor you will READ an encrypted file? (he is asking on how to read not on how to see the content of an encrypted file)
.xls (EXCEL)? I thought tantra files were .xml (Extensible Markup Language)
HTScript.sys -> From TantraParam.xls (wrong answer), it is from TantraParamExp.xml (which is almost the same as TantraParam, with the exception that it includes the Titles Tab which TantraParam don't have)

@iElyrb: I will give you and idea of what i did to read the content of some of the files you mentioned:
It is well known that the client needs to decrypt those files in order to be able to use them, so attach a debugger to the client and make a breakpoint when the file is open for read, when that happens client will allocate mem and store the encripted bytes, so put a mem on access breakpoint on that allocated memory, and when the client starts to decrypt it you will see in which mem address the decrypted bytes are allocated, then when client finish to decrypt, just dump that mem sector and thats all.
Thanks, that's perfect since I just started studying OllyDBG 2 days ago, this would be a really good practice.

Upvote 0
Back