Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Translation + Other research progress..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Translation research progress..

There are 7919 Tables ( I ran a check on ' <TABLE name=" ' )

Isn't there a way to fire the location on idx automatically? Otherwise any change on the libconfig.xml size will completely ruin it, and manually changing all those tables is not practical. Just translating already takes ages, having to update idx on every change makes it even worst lol.

Reaction score

There are 7919 Tables ( I ran a check on ' <TABLE name=" ' )

Isn't there a way to fire the location on idx automatically? Otherwise any change on the libconfig.xml size will completely ruin it, and manually changing all those tables is not practical. Just translating already takes ages, having to update idx on every change makes it even worst lol.

You can always write a tool.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You can always write a tool.

I would, but as i said on other posts i'm not a professional programmer, haha.

I'll just stick without changing it's size then

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

oh, thank you for this though i would like to go down the more advance method (playtrickster way) or doing this.

but, how would we go about doing the (playtrickster way) hook dll replace some xml reading functions so you won't need
to edit an idx any more.

I would like to just be able to use the (playtrickster) client but it looks like we will have to edit the current files the way the (playtrickster files are setup).

Reaction score

oh, thank you for this though i would like to go down the more advance method (playtrickster way) or doing this.

but, how would we go about doing the (playtrickster way) hook dll replace some xml reading functions so you won't need
to edit an idx any more.

I would like to just be able to use the (playtrickster) client but it looks like we will have to edit the current files the way the (playtrickster files are setup).

If you do, your name will be cut off by 2 characters, many functions will break, and monsters/NPCs will be in wrong positions.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

@iceblade112
Well, that is not good :( guess that is a no go :( unless i figure out the process they hooked the dlls with our client and files.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Write some program to do idx rebuild is easier then hook dll.
I don't had time for both. I already share 'how to'. so hope someone continue the work ^_^

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score

Write some program to do idx rebuild is easier then hook dll.
I don't had time for both. I already share 'how to'. so hope someone continue the work ^_^

Indeed. I know we have programmers out there in the trickster community itching to help. So guys let people know we need programmers. Reverse engineering will only take us so far.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Well the easier way is the better way :) just that it will take some time, although writing a program to speed up the work seems to be the best way to go about doing this, I will look into it though be in mind i am not that good at programing lol

Reaction score

(paging brumas and gryphie)

If you use the server method on the client, it'll work fine. I'm going to switch to that instead of using the encrypted dat because you don't have too much flexibility with the dat file.
You just translate like 0.50 if you do it that way. Keep everything within the original table's amount of bytes and it'll work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

(paging brumas and gryphie)

If you use the server method on the client, it'll work fine. I'm going to switch to that instead of using the encrypted dat because you don't have too much flexibility with the dat file.
You just translate like 0.50 if you do it that way. Keep everything within the original table's amount of bytes and it'll work.

That would be the easiest way since we don't have a tool.

But i must say that editing the xml having to worry about bytes and text size is terrible. Costs like 5x the time it'd be with just a simple xml edit/text replace.

This should be easy for someone with C++/Java knowledge or something like that, as what it requires is pretty much just a Select and Write command for the table names + the adress code with 4 byte size, and then just make it loop thru the entire xml, but that's something i don't understand much.

So, as most here i can only hope someone will make a tool for that and release it =/

Reaction score

That would be the easiest way since we don't have a tool.

But i must say that editing the xml having to worry about bytes and text size is terrible. Costs like 5x the time it'd be with just a simple xml edit/text replace.

This should be easy for someone with C++/Java knowledge or something like that, as what it requires is pretty much just a Select and Write command for the table names + the adress code with 4 byte size, and then just make it loop thru the entire xml, but that's something i don't understand much.

So, as most here i can only hope someone will make a tool for that and release it =/

Even if someone writes a tool for the idx part, you'll still have to worry about making the file the right amount of byes...

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score

brumas iceblade is telling the truth. There is no way around the slow .dat/xml editing without recoding the entire client. The idx program that I was talking about getting programmers to make simply allows the client to use less resources via the idx file rather than just using the plain xml like iceblade plans on doing. In one word: efficiency.

Reaction score

brumas iceblade is telling the truth. There is no way around the slow .dat/xml editing without recoding the entire client. The idx program that I was talking about getting programmers to make simply allows the client to use less resources via the idx file rather than just using the plain xml like iceblade plans on doing. In one word: efficiency.

plain XML also uses idx

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

iostream

I have been following your instructions, but the Client is either crashing, or EEing. Would you be able to upload images to show each step, so that anyone else who is wanting to help out or be involved in the translation step can see what you are doing?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

iostream
Hmm, well I am trying to start to translate "Connect the two files together" but, I am having some problems with this, looking at your pictures and following your guide so fare I get what you need to do but then there are some differences from the file in your picture and the file i am working with, a bunch of spaces removed and differences like this: ' being replaces with this: ", and parts of the code moved to spots so that they correlate correctly from the libconfig_twn.idx to the libconfig_twn.xml and so on.

But is the client suppose to read the libconfig_twn.xml file? or do I need to rename it to a .bat and add that 00 hex ? I am not sure on that, cause so fare the client just crashes no matter what i do, and at what point can we expect the client to not crash?

Reaction score

iostream
Hmm, well I am trying to start to translate "Connect the two files together" but, I am having some problems with this, looking at your pictures and following your guide so fare I get what you need to do but then there are some differences from the file in your picture and the file i am working with, a bunch of spaces removed and differences like this: ' being replaces with this: ", and parts of the code moved to spots so that they correlate correctly from the libconfig_twn.idx to the libconfig_twn.xml and so on.

But is the client suppose to read the libconfig_twn.xml file? or do I need to rename it to a .bat and add that 00 hex ? I am not sure on that, cause so fare the client just crashes no matter what i do, and at what point can we expect the client to not crash?

As I said before, you have to translate like 0.50.

Back