Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Translation + Other research progress..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Translation research progress..

altasking There are 2 libconfig_twn.dat files on the folders with different sizes, that's why there's one with "s and one with 's. Although i think u can use either one of them, they should all match with the corresponding .idx and the files on both client side and server side.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

As I said before, you have to translate like 0.50.

do you have a link to a guide on how to translate like 0.50 ?

i am looking threw the old posts right now for some info.

the only thing i can find is to keep the file size the same as the original file before decrypting.

i have never worked with the 0.50 files so i don't know how to translate like 0.50 iceblade112

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score

altasking
You change a maximum of 4 or 5 entries at a time between saves.
You also keep the tags as close as possible to their original column position.
Use spaces to fill byte size on more flexible tags and when you have columns to fill.
Try to be descriptive as possible with as few words.
Editing is very touch and go.
Test the file every time you save to check that it still works with the client/server.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

@altasking
You change a maximum of 4 or 5 entries at a time between saves.
You also keep the tags as close as possible to their original column position.
Use spaces to fill byte size on more flexible tags and when you have columns to fill.
Try to be descriptive as possible with as few words.
Editing is very touch and go.
Test the file every time you save to check that it still works with the client/server.

okay, thank you

I am testing it to see if the client still works but it crashes still even if i make no changes to it :( may be easier to just get a seed file ready to edit right away.

okay here is what i have done just to make sure i am doing this right:

1. copyed libconfig_twn.dat from client data folder to decrypt it.
2. hex removed 01 to decrypt it
3.decrypt libconfig_twn.dat into libconfig_twn.xml
4. i rename libconfig_twn.xml to libconfig_twn.dat and insert 00 at beginig and put it in the server locations
5. i made a copy of the libconfig_twn.xml and put it in the client data folder made no changes to the file
6. tried to start the client and it crashed.
7. i copyed libconfig_twn.dat with 00 and put it in the client data folder
8. tried to run the client but it crashed
9. put both files in client data libconfig_twn.xml and libconfig_twn.dat
10. tried to start client still crashed
11. i coped libconfig_twn.xml renamed it to libconfig_twn.dat and made no changes to the file
12. tried to start client still crashed
13. edited libconfig_twn.idx to match the libconfig_twn.xml
14. tried to start client still crashed

i dont know the client seems to crash no matter what i do unless i change nothing in it.

am i only suppose to edit the server location libconfig_twn.dat & libconfig_twn.idx ?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

for different .dat try using winmerge to see what different.

Do the structure+formatting change + translation as your wish
don't worry about it so much, as long as you edit the idx file to point to correct
address in dat file. client will don't had any error.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

okay well i am still trying to get this to work but the client is still crashing :(, can someone just upload a working set of files of what was changed in the folders were the files where put in so i can understand what i am doing wrong ?

in the client i only need to edit the idx file and nothing else ?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

after decryption you got unnecessary 0x00 byte after 0x0A use xvi32(or other) to remove it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

[STRIKE]Original(decrypted dat) file with original idx working :)
if you still got EE. it's other reason.[/STRIKE]

Original(decrypted dat) file with original idx.
It a correct address.
Then if you do any change.You need todo the whole idx not only that first table in idx.

p.s. Original(decrypted dat) file that not remove all 0x00 after 0x0A will make client crash.

That would be the easiest way since we don't have a tool.

But i must say that editing the xml having to worry about bytes and text size is terrible. Costs like 5x the time it'd be with just a simple xml edit/text replace.

This should be easy for someone with C++/Java knowledge or something like that, as what it requires is pretty much just a Select and Write command for the table names + the adress code with 4 byte size, and then just make it loop thru the entire xml, but that's something i don't understand much.

So, as most here i can only hope someone will make a tool for that and release it =/

or hire programmer to do that :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After login i have error

2015-03-11 10:29:40, user:salapao, user_uid:102665154, sel_char:, sel_char_uid:0, ip:xx.169.xx.xx
ฟนฟ[Unknown]ฐก น฿ป ว฿ฝภดฯดู.
===============================[Call-Stack History Log]==================================
1. RaiseException()+58h :

we use Thai Lasted Client

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score

Write some program to do idx rebuild is easier then hook dll.
I don't had time for both. I already share 'how to'. so hope someone continue the work ^_^

Since we've gotten no offers to write the program (like we didn't see that coming >.>), I'll probably write the tool myself and add an interface for editing the xml while I'm at it, but it will have to wait until I've finished writing my unpacker. The rest of you will have to be patient or do it the hard way.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This will generate the .idx file from the libconfig xml. It requires grep and gawk to be installed and in your path (tested with gnuwin32 packages), and the extra first byte of the xml file to be removed:

View attachment idxgen.zip

Usage: idxgen [libconfig_xxx.xml file] [destination .idx file]

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
This will generate the .idx file from the libconfig xml. It requires grep and gawk to be installed and in your path (tested with gnuwin32 packages), and the extra first byte of the xml file to be removed:

View attachment 151754

Usage: idxgen [libconfig_xxx.xml file] [destination .idx file]

Doesn't seem to be working..
The client still crashes. It looks like it ignores some tables?

Edit:
DERPDERPDERP
Use NP++ to replace with a regex statement:
Find: <TABLE name="(\w+)"
Repl: <TABLE name='\1'

EDIT2:
I love you. (Kind of serious, but not at the same time.)

EDIT3:
No, you probably don't have to do the NP++ thing. (99% is the chance of you not needing to do it)

Last edited:
Back