Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

0.50 CHN Server / Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Honestly they should simply use the VM Release. The software requirements are getting hard to find, security is long out of date, and they probably can't find anybody to help them set it up on the forum these days. It's better just to set up the VM and start playing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly they should simply use the VM Release. The software requirements are getting hard to find, security is long out of date, and they probably can't find anybody to help them set it up on the forum these days. It's better just to set up the VM and start playing.
I cannot agree more, sir Pyro!

As a technical blockhead who had already spent close to 10 hours fiddling with the S2 release files, I can attest to the brutal difficulty of setting up your own server.

Even with the various helps I received from kind strangers on this forum (for which I'm truly grateful), I've still only gotten about 70% to the finishing line (currently have all the servers running, and successfully hexed the client, but the client cannot connect to the server; still trying to figure out what went wrong and where).

In comparison, I tried out your 0.5 Vbox realease, followed the instructions (comprensible by even monkeys, the golden standard of well-written), and in less than 15 minutes I have a fully functional server.

1000/10 would recommend to fellow blockheads:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back