Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trickster game material conversion tool (nri / bac)

Reaction score
More recently, the software nriFileanalyzer and viewing software nriviewer3, which provide NRI and BAC files for converting game data, were found on the Kabale Island wiki in Japan, much harder than the ViX_nriviewer found earlier in the US forum ggFTW (ViX can only output static images in BMP format, and must be back to make animations on their own, which is very time-consuming and laborious. In addition, it can not solve the files under the map folder) and can directly output GIF animation files and have gone back directly Can use; But because the output of the file with the input file with the folder a little bit cumbersome, so write a simple graphical interface to make the transfer and preview more convenient.
webmaster_imds - Trickster game material conversion tool (nri / bac) - RaGEZONE Forums

Tutorial Video:
Description:

1. Graphical interface program is NoriConverter.exe, /data folder placed nriFileanalyzer and nriviewer3 under the original program, because the graphical interface is only responsible for the next command to call the original program, so please do not delete the original program.

2. Drag the Cabarera related files from the NRI or BAC file name to the "Kabale Island NORI Converter" window, or use the "Select Input File ..." function in the program to select the file you want to convert.

3. At this point you can press the "Preview" button to preview the file.
(NRI Viewer interface: prev = previous, next = next, img/ani = current view mode, static / dynamic, << || >> = the previous frame, pause or play, the next picture Grid (ani mode only), top / ntop = window to keep the top / window does not maintain the top)

4. Press "Select Output Folder ..." to select the location of the file after output. The output format is GIF and BMP. After setting, press the "start conversion" button to transfer files.

Common problem:

1. Why is the output GIF file serious distortion?
Should be the output of the image ratio problems caused by using a browser (such as Firefox, IE) to view the image file will not have this problem. If you want to use this file in Photoshop, please open the file, in the view -> pixel appearance ratio check square can be solved.

2. why the output file in addition to the original file name, the beginning there is a "t_"?
Because too lazy to deal with the output to the same location as the original file (this program by copying the original block to the destination folder and then delete the copied original file to achieve the output to the non-original folder), so the output file In front of "t_" words to avoid problems. So it can also be exported to the same folder as the source file.

3. Press the start button soon after the output is complete, but in the destination folder did not see any files?
Avoid placing this program in a path that has a non-English name. If the problem is not resolved, try setting Compatibility under Windows Service Pack 2 under /data folder.

4. output some can not open the file, or browse the big file nriviewer stop responding?
The original program may have some unknown bug, but I can not modify the XD

Download:
Graphical interface source code (VB.NET 2.0 & VBExpress 2005):

Note:
Mouse cursor that has been intercepted and converted into *.ani/*.Cur:
How to use the original program: Drag and drop the file (s) into the program or execute it by command, the file will be output to the same directory as the original file.

Related Links:

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Nothing recent about this, we've know about this for a long time. It what we based the TO-Toolbox on. This seems similar to what the animation viewer part does.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
More recently, the software nriFileanalyzer and viewing software nriviewer3, which provide NRI and BAC files for converting game data, were found on the Kabale Island wiki in Japan, much harder than the ViX_nriviewer found earlier in the US forum ggFTW (ViX can only output static images in BMP format, and must be back to make animations on their own, which is very time-consuming and laborious. In addition, it can not solve the files under the map folder) and can directly output GIF animation files and have gone back directly Can use; But because the output of the file with the input file with the folder a little bit cumbersome, so write a simple graphical interface to make the transfer and preview more convenient.
thanks, it helped me a lot :)

it contains nriformat.txt with some info about NRI files

is there a complete documentation for NRI files somewhere?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, but I will be supplying some with the Libre Trickster tool TNT.

sounds good
---------------
1. About nri.spi plugin fox ViX viewer: it should contain something useful, right?
what knowledge do i need to read it?
all i can see in hex editor is this: MZ@, Win32 only, NRI file, nri extractor by sakura (ver. 1.0), .bmp
---------------
2. About cdcdcd... part of NORI files:
do you know what is it good for?
it seems to be always the same (although some nri files dont have "the tail")

webmaster_imds - Trickster game material conversion tool (nri / bac) - RaGEZONE Forums

Thank You.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@BattleCattle
1A. I've already examined that file, and it doesn't really add anything new to our info.

2A. Mostly likely it has something to do with the way that the nri file interacts with the game client (my best guess). What we do know is that it isn't necessary for the extraction of images and animations themselves, so we've simply ignored it for now. That section's size changes directly with the nori version so we know how many byte to ignore when reading the files.

Any further discussion about this should be in the Libre Trickster thread I linked in my previous post. We should not hijack IMDS's release thread just because it is a related topic.

Back