Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Virtual Box Pre-Made Server Semi-translated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Lucky for you guys the vbox super compressed down to about 3 gb. Don't forget to seed. Post issues in this thread.

Edit:
If you like the vbox and what I've done, let me know. After all, I am working for thank you's, pats on the back, and handshakes here :) Remember this is a first release, so I'll release patch files later on as I figure more things out about the server and more of it is translate. Right now, I made this release to take care of the issue of people wanting to contribute but being unable to set up the server.

Edit#2:
Here is a Mega link for those who cannot use torrents on their ISP. Do not mirror this file.
The file is still ~3GB in size so I would advise you to still use the torrent instead, the reasons for it are in the development tag post. Download

Edit#3:
Torrent and Mega link are now obsolete and as well current development boxes in use. Due to MSSQL trial license ending. Please see new release thread for improved vbox release.

~PyroSamurai

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Also, people your download times will quicken if you use encryption as my server prefers it and will choose to torrent to an encrypted client over a non-encrypted.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, people your download times will quicken if you use encryption as my server prefers it and will choose to torrent to an encrypted client over a non-encrypted.

sorry for the nub question but what's this download for/do ?
again i apologise for dirtying up this thread.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
You upload file dropbox/google drive/file upload site

No I will not. I explained my reasoning for using a torrent in the development thread.
There have been 17 downloads of this file. I expect those who download it to seed it as well.
A minimum of 25kb/s per seeder should be plenty. I'm not asking much of seeders.
I will be dedicating my server upload rate to this torrent for the next three days.
Don't complain about how long it takes.
I've spent a month and a half downloading a 80gb torrent before.
You can spend a couple days downloading a 2.52gb file. -.-
I expect people to share. Building a community for this game starts now.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No I will not. I explained my reasoning for using a torrent in the development thread.
There have been 17 downloads of this file. I expect those who download it to seed it as well.
A minimum of 25kb/s per seeder should be plenty. I'm not asking much of seeders.
I will be dedicating my server upload rate to this torrent for the next three days.
Don't complain about how long it takes.
I've spent a month and a half downloading a 80gb torrent before.
You can spend a couple days downloading a 2.52gb file. -.-
I expect people to share. Building a community for this game starts now.

question which torrent do you recommend we use to DL this with,reason i ask is i want to help seed.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
question which torrent do you recommend we use to DL this with,reason i ask is i want to help seed.

The torrent file or the torrent client?

Edit: I'll just give you the answers to both questions to save you time. Also if you are going to seed, please use the trackers, there is a seeder (sometimes) that does not use the trackers. (tracker.ccc.de does not work as far as I know. So you can just remove that one.)
The actual .torrent file is the file in the original post of this thread.
The torrent client I prefer is Transmission. I'm a GNU/Linux lover and Transmission is gpl 3. Most of the downloaders so far have been using uTorrent of varying versions. I've seen several variations of the original BitTorrent client as well. It's up to you. Transmission has been proven to be lightest on system resources in GNU/Linux which is why I use it.

Last edited:
@RaGEZONE IRC
Reaction score
I'll seed this for a bit to get it started. I have a box that is 100mbit/s u/d

Also this is slow lol

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I'll seed this for a bit to get it started. I have a box that is 100mbit/s u/d

Also this is slow lol

Not really a matter of getting it started anymore, but a matter of maintaining the flow. Also I've seen many people download it but only few who said they would seed (like you) have actually commented on this thread.. it has 150+ views and like 8 comments. It's like I'm poking a dead man with a hundred dollar bill.

@RaGEZONE IRC
Reaction score
Not really a matter of getting it started anymore, but a matter of maintaining the flow. Also I've seen many people download it but only few who said they would seed (like you) have actually commented on this thread.. it has 150+ views and like 8 comments. It's like I'm poking a dead man with a hundred dollar bill.
Might as well let people leech it, since I have a good dedicated server and I rarely go nuts on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sooo basically this is for devs..? o.o or can i play this lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Technically you can play this.

I see.. I shall seed a bit and try it out then. I have been looking back at this or years because trickster seems like the perfect game for a private server! I have no idea why there hasn't been really any til this day. I loved the game but couldn't deal with the low exp rate so I wanted a private server. Now the game is shutdown so I really really hope this is continued and turns into something amazing. Im ready to help however I can.. but I can't do much XD.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I see.. I shall seed a bit and try it out then. I have been looking back at this or years because trickster seems like the perfect game for a private server! I have no idea why there hasn't been really any til this day. I loved the game but couldn't deal with the low exp rate so I wanted a private server. Now the game is shutdown so I really really hope this is continued and turns into something amazing. Im ready to help however I can.. but I can't do much XD.
Thanks for the seeding, and the reason why there isn't a great demand for pservers of TO is because modern gamers are unwilling to switch back to 2D gaming after being introduced to 3D gaming and therefore TO has been dated since....basically its debut. Even RO which is seeming the most popular 2D MMORPG is realizing this and is rolling out a new 3D version of their game. Anyways, as I seem to be the defacto leader of a seemingly defacto new dev team (which includes just about anybody testing my release by the way), I'll issue a statement on the exp rates. We will have no control over the exp rates. The only person who will is the person(s) who host any TO pserver made from our work. My plans are not to make a pserver but make available any and all resources (minus the hardware) needed to make one. :) Enjoy the vbox, if you want to add more maps just add them to the masterserver.ini from the ExtraMaps.txt file.
P.S. Your avatar is hilarious. Did you make it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back