Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Virtualbox Public Trickster Server Release

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
This is to be my final Virtualbox server release.
As much fun as it is to figure out the mysteries of this server,
I really need to move forward and focus my free time on the next stage of my project's goals:
writing a GPL3 version of Trickster Online.

I believe I will continue to work on translating the libconfig.dat file and smoothing out the rough edges, though.
This new release has more fixes from the last one than I can remember. I stated a few in the credits text file.
I'll seed the previous release for a month or two longer for those who just want a self-contained local
server to play on, but the last release is very buggy compared to this new one.

One major difference in this new release besides containing a guide for setting up a public server is
that it is a pure server release: I've removed the client entirely.

Also, the password and guide are inside the torrent download, but you all should know the drill by now.
Without further delay, here is my final vbox release:
View attachment TO-Public-Serv-Vbox-Torrent.rar

Enjoy,
~PyroSamurai

Edit Jan 27, 2015:
This is the beta Trickster Online server, not the Season 2 server.

Torrent information: I no longer use the trackers provided in this torrent. I use DHT.
So please do not worry when the trackers shows zero seeders. Just turn on DHT & Encryption and download away. Even with the S2 files now available, I will never stop seeding this release.

This release (& its previous versions) helped bring the trickster section back to life, so it is important to me.
Feel free to PM me if you ever have a question about the release.

Edit April 2, 2020:
For those who can't use the torrent (for whatever reason, be it ISP or Country),
an alternative Mega link that is NOT to be shared or mirrored outside the forum:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

TkZ

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank man I love you ^_^

I download completed another 3 hours.

ヽ(#゚Д゚)ノ┌┛)` Д゚)・;'
Reaction score
Thank you XD After I download finished I will continue seeding this .

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
I have downloaded the file three times. But I have a problem.
TricksterOnlineBetaServer.ova has checksum error.
How do I solve it?
please let me know

(ps. I'm not good at English. I hope my meaning is communicated well.)

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.
I have downloaded the file three times. But I have a problem.
TricksterOnlineBetaServer.ova has checksum error.
How do I solve it?
please let me know

(ps. I'm not good at English. I hope my meaning is communicated well.)

Don't worry, you did well explaining yourself. Okay so I've looked into this problem and it isn't your fault or mine. It appears that I've cause a bug of the rar format to appear by making the password too strong. In essence, unrar or winUnrar dies when good passwords are used on large files. This is why the credits.txt can be opened but the .ova cannot. I'll upload the archive and torrent files again with a weaker password. It makes me sad that rar can't handle good passwords on large files.

My guess is that everyone who downloaded it already has had this issue. I apologize for trying to give the archive good security ;) .
Please download the vm release again when I'm done. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I'm in Asia can see peers
you use ISP ???

I Use Trueinternet <Thailand Zone>

He is also in thailand. So if you will please seed to him as well because it is not very easy to seed to every place in the world from one location.
I ask that all downloaders seed as much as they can. The download would be so much faster if everyone did seed after downloading.

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I'll add a new start up script download after I find the correct timing for the servers. Until then, party and possibly friend list won't work. The current script should work fine otherwise.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now , It's no seed detected

I'm wrong or It's no seeding from any peer

Thank

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
Now , It's no seed detected

I'm wrong or It's no seeding from any peer

Thank

I am currently not seeding as I am doing some hardware upgrades to my server which have made it necessary to reinstall the OS. If there are no other seeders (there were 3 when i started the upgrade), you will have to wait until my server is back up and running.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hellp me
it error ?

PyroSamurai - Virtualbox Public Trickster Server Release - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Back