Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trickster 0.50 FAQ (and quick links)

Reaction score
So people quit asking the same question over and over again, take this. I'm aware that there has been an old one that I did, however that's waaay old in the grave.

Links:
Tutorial
VirtualBox Pre-Made Server [UPDATED!]

Most of this stuff is for 0.50.

Q: How to do GM in-game command????????
A: You can't. Now stop asking.

Q: Why does FirstLoginServer give me an error saying that it can't initialize the logger?
A: Create the log folder in the root of your drive.

Q: Where are guilds!?
A: There are unused strings in libconfig.dat, but it hasn't been implemented in the client.

Q: How do I use MyShop?
A: You can't. It was not finished in 0.50.

Q: Why won't friends, party, whisper, etc. work?
A: Make sure you have "ALREADY HAVE [BASIC] RANK" in SystemServer. I don't know how to make that work exactly, but it works sometimes and won't sometimes. I think it's timing with LoginServer and SystemServer.

Q: Will a newer client work?
A: No.

Q: Where can I find the client?
A: PyroSamurai has some torrent. Never checked it.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f297/server-client-translation-update-1022143/

Q: Can I use SQL Server 2005 for this?
A: I believe not, but you can give it a go.

Q: Why can't I use 64bit versions of Windows?
A: GameServer will always fail to load on x64 versions. Not sure why.

Q: help me
A: On what..?

Q: FirstLoginServer gives me something a bad parameter and my IP? What's that?
A: Unfortunately, FLS has been known to hate WAN IP addresses that aren't in a network adapter. Means you need to use a static IP or use Hamachi/Unite.

Q: (part) of the tutorial is not clear enough, can you help?
A: You can PM me or PyroSamurai, or just straight-up create a new help thread. As the help subsection is long gone, just post it on this general-purpose section.

Q: LoginServer gives me "Failed to refresh user login state" and then exits.
A: Check over the linked servers part of my tutorial. If that by itself does not work, change your computer name to TR_ACCOUNTDB.

Q: give me new database pls so i can create a new server to play on for my friends
A: Again, this does not exist.

Q: Is there a .nri unpacker/repacker?
A: There is no repacker available for unpacked nri files, but you can use TNT to unpack .nri/bac files.

Q: Is this illegal?
A: I don't see any/much legal problems coming anytime at all. Ntreev has ceased development for Trickster and these files are nearly over a decade old. So, yes but in a way, it's not.

Q: How do I translate?
A: To translate, just edit libconfig.dat but keep the filesize EXACTLY the same (as in bytes). Another step will be revealed after a release, but it has to do with the server-side!

Q: How do I make my server public?
A: Follow PyroSamurai's VirtualBox instructions.

Q: plissss give me exp change and tm change server 0.50 !!!!
A: Doesn't exist.

Q: How can I add new items and maps, change the UI, etc.?
A: You can't, at least there's no way I'm aware of. The UI, you can probably change the positions in the ui_nori folder and libconfig.

Q: How do I power level?
A: You should find a table with the column called exp and change that to something like 999999999. Then you should simply hit a monster and watch your EXP bar go crazy! I'll remind you once (or the amount of times you read this FAQ entry) that you should not directly edit level tables.

Q: fix patch and give me !
A: Nobody here has to give you anything at all. Go make one yourself.

Q: How do I add items?
A: You should check the item_* tables. Use libconfig.dat as your item ID finder.

Q: What's the point of those stupid FAQ entries?
A: Because these things get asked frequently. Hence, FAQ.

Q: help fix this [screenshot]
A: You should first check over the ~1900 posts in the Trickster section. Then, if there are no results, ask.

Q: gib me transrasion pls for x langgeg
A: What. Here's a English translation with some monster and NPC names: http://forum.ragezone.com/f297/server-client-translation-update-1022143/

Q: I am a potatoperson and I want to set up a server, but I can't into computer! Can you help me?
A: You should just try out the VirtualBox server that was released by PyroSamurai. Remember that you need a somewhat decent CPU and at least 1.5gb of RAM assigned to the VM!

More soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
No I wasn't saying anything about the old one but if you want my opinion I will tell you it. The old one was incomplete. Your new one is complete for the most part but needs to revised, clarified, etc. It is still very much a draft. Just for clarification purposes I am talking about the tutorial that is linked to in this thread.

Last edited:
Back