Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trickster S2 server video tutorial

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why i can't run masterserver it. And this game needs system requirement to run?:*:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, my source seems to run just fine, no errors apper, but when i open Trickster.exe (already edited IP) on client it stays white and after a few seconds it closes.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am getting the same error for the firstlogin server... The param_server... My ip is incorrect.. I try to change the ip to the correct one.. i choose execute and it cuts off half the ip and will not save correctly.. i have tried to correct the ip at least 15 times >.<

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
last issue solvled however now.. when i load the client to register a new character it takes me to another servers website >.<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can not login game
When I come to Select Character
I got Error code : disconnect login server
Please see the link

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi @iostream

ENABLE ANNOTATIONS. I will use my server's client but the same process goes for the client supplied. This tutorial assumes you have a basic knowledge of MSSQL and a basic understanding of the concept of TCP/IP.

Link:

Server files and client: http://forum.ragezone.com/f297/trickster-season-2-server-mega-1053998/
SQL Server 2014 Express (use
ExpressAndTools ...BIT\SQLEXPRWT_x..._ENU.exe):
DB.7z: http://forum.ragezone.com/f297/season-2-trickster-online-server-1047025/#post8319361
Hex editor: Any.

I'm only a year and some months late to making this.

Dear Mr. Ice, first of all, thank you for the tutorial. For people without the technical know-how (the likes of me), this is a god-send.

I hope my question doesn't come across as overly-noobish (unlikely, since that is exactly what I am), but I've downloaded all the requisite files, and been following your S2.0 video tutorial, and at the 13 second mark, I see a file named [cabala_db_130105.rar], which I could not find anywhere in the releases...

Would you kindly point me in the right direction here? (I've no prior knowledge of MySQL, but am willing to learn the basics if need be)

Many thanks!!

Also, at the 1:31 mark, I see you executing a batch file named [CopyGSData_GS2], which seems missing in my [TS_TUpdate] folder...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@PyroSamurai iceblade112

Many thanks to the both of you!

The noob that I am, I get severe panic attacks every time there's a mismatch between my screen and the tutorial video...

I eventually found the 'missing' [Cabala_DB_130105] hidden inside [Backup\CBA]; and, with some anxious fumbling and a lot of cold-sweats, was able to get all the server batch files up and running:D:

However, I ran into an issue when hex-editing Trickster.exe, and after more than an hour of search on the forum, to no avail, I now have to resort to your guidance again....

Issue goes:

- From my noobish understanding, the goal of client hex-edit is to replace all the old server IPs (starting with 180.) with my local IP;
- However, when I searched for [180.], HxD returned zero matches;
- I'm using the latest HxD UK release from its official website;
- I've tried switching between [Windows (ANSI)], [DOS/IBM-ASCII (OEM)], none worked;
- I used [text-string], [search direction=all]
- I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903, UK English

In Mr.Iceblade's tutorial video, I can see a lot of URLs and familar plain text words around the 180. IP - words like ntreev, gamigo, cabalashop etc. So I tried searching for those, and still no matches.

Then I scrolled through the page, and discovered that my Trickster.exe is apparently a pile of garbled mess, made up of werid characters that make no sense:blink:

Sorry for the long string of text - I have no idea what has caused the issue, so I thought it best to provide all potentially relevant details, to help with a quick diagnosis; and lots of thanks for any help you kindly offer!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go to 724908 in your hex editor at this point you put in your ip address

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Go to 724908 in your hex editor at this point you put in your ip address

Thanks for the input :)

I tried the [Go to] function, put in '724908' as offset, and tried all three of the methods (hex / dec / oct);

Both 'hex' and 'oct' returned errors, while 'dec' successfully took me to a specific location in the file.

Trouble is, even in that location, the 'decoded text' on the right is still a pile of mess, made up of random unrecognisable characters;

By comparison, in Mr.Iceblade's video tutorial, the 'decoded text' section contains actually readable english text - so you can easily pick out the old ip address and change it.

I've searched through all posts on the forum containing the keywords 'client+hex+ip', and it looks like I'm the only one who encountered this issue
:blink:

I managed to link in a screenshot, showcasing my [Go To] search results:

iceblade112 - Trickster S2 server video tutorial - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's weird you wouldn't happen to be using a client from some other server would you?

Try using this one it works for me.

OMG, you, sir, just saved my day :thumbup:

I was using the official Season 2 release from Mr.PyroSamurai's bookmarked thread, so the source was legit.

Trouble is, I spent hours trying to figure out how to hex-edit [Trickster.exe], as was shown in Mr. Iceblade's tutorial video;

But with your help, I just finally came to realise that the target of hex-editing was, in fact: [Trickster無殼.exe]:blink:

Many many thanks for your guidance sir, and a good day to you! :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am not finding the files. and a folder. TricksterDB
can you help me. really want to set up a server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi! The video link is broken :(

Does anyone got the working link?

Back