Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trickster Season 2 FAQ

Reaction score
Trickster Season 2 FAQ (8/14/15)

Q: What version of Windows can I use?
A: Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer, because it's [current year].

Q: 32bit or 64bit version of Windows?
A: 64bit recommended. 64bit requires you to use 32bit ODBC DSN entries and the modified SQL stored procedure file by iostream.

Q: How much memory do I need?
A: At least 8GB.

Q: What SQL Server version can I use?
A: SQL Server 2008 or newer. You can use the latest developer edition of SQL Server if you have Windows 10 or Server 2019.

Q: How do I change the login version?
A: Check the help command in LoginServer.
If you're here to try to change the version to the Korean, Thai or Playtrickster client, don't bother.
The Thai client has a different "entity notify" packet structure (0x08) which causes everything to be extremely buggy. This is assuming you change the login opcode from 0x7D0 to 0x7D1 (or the other way around).
As for the Korean client, the structures are not the same, so it would take a lot of work to actually adapt the server.

Q: How do I do GM commands?
A: Find a GM client and figure it out. There is no public GM client.
If somehow you do, look in gmg_account for a "gm_client" stored procedure, and put your IP where it says permitted IP. Also add your IP to the permitted IPs table.
Then, log in and do "/login (a bit of text)" in-game and you should be good to go.

Q: How do I translate?
A: Take a look at https://forum.ragezone.com/f963/wip-s2-translation-ver-5-a-1172884/

Q: How can I add new items and maps, change the UI, etc.?
A: For items and UI elements, try look into writing a NORI editor, or use TNT (though I'm not sure how good it is at recreating a file that's been edited). For maps, try , though it's somewhat limited in scope and not actively maintained.

Q: How do I power level?
A: You should find a table with the column called exp and change that to something like 999999999. Then you should simply hit a monster and watch your EXP bar go crazy! You should not directly edit the level column, or you'll probably break your character. There also exists a stored procedure to directly level up a character, if you can find that.

Q: How do I change the EXP/TM rate(s)?
A: Take a look at the libconfig table called ExpHelper.

Q: How do I use MyShop?
A: Add a card to the webcard table in gmg_account and then use the recharge option in MyShop, or directly change your MyShop point value in the webshop table. (This is provided you have set up the ASP web server, successfully configured the website, and have successfully hex edited the client.)

Q: How do I hex the client?
A: Search for "180." and change the IP. If you have bytes left over after your IP, replace them with 0x00 (null) instead of deleting them entirely.

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
I was wondering when you would get around to making this. I am working on creating nori repacker but it might take a while with as little free time as I have. Also every time I see the word 'soon' I still think of maso's honeybear meme. Additionally, add on that the client exe to edit is the one in the client-setup-exe folder.

Last edited:
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@altasking NORI is the format of the image archive that the trickster online uses (.nri). There are like 500+ posts about this in the trickster online section so if you want to know more start scrolling through the past posts.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1) if files server ss2 already at colocation can i use public ip on client side?
it work or not

2) from below quote i don't know what is ODBC DSN
i did't have experience on microsoft SQL Server (i ever use only phpMyAdmin for web)
u mean this server work only 32 bit OS or i must use SQL Server 32 bit version?

Q: 32bit or 64bit?
A: Either. 64bit requires you to use 32bit ODBC DSN entries and the modified SQL stored procedure file by iostream

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1) if files server ss2 already at colocation can i use public ip on client side?
it work or not
- Yes (dai krub)

2) from below quote i don't know what is ODBC DSN
i did't have experience on microsoft SQL Server (i ever use only phpMyAdmin for web)
u mean this server work only 32 bit OS or i must use SQL Server 32 bit version?
- wait altasking make his guide finish
- recommended is running on x64 system since it eat almost 7GB of ram.
I never try setting it up on x32 yet.

Q: 32bit or 64bit?
- you need to use ODBC 32bit

ヽ(#゚Д゚)ノ┌┛)` Д゚)・;'
Reaction score
I have a question.

Is it possible if I make the server in vm ware and install the client in the normal windows ?

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@Melwin yeah that will work just fine. Just remember to forward the correct ports. I just haven't gotten around to making a vbox release yet. It is still very much possible to do.

iostream Melwin I still use 32-bit MS Win2003 Server Enterprise Edition which does 16GB just fine :3. Ofcourse that is directly on hardware. To set up a vm with more than 4gb of ram you need a 64-bit host OS.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I may add:
Q: How do I turn off time limit on items?
A: [STRIKE]Look for a table/section in your libconfig XML called ItemParamCM2. In said table should be a column/subsection called "ExistType". Change the 1 to 0 and your item is no longer timed.
> I have also found a setting called "2" while managing these. I do not know what it means, but my best guess is that it's the "timed without ability to recharge" setting.
>> Do not do this for every item. It will make your game very, very unbalanced.
>>> If you do not know where to start, I personally recommend changing the ExistType setting for the duck set (ID number 75037, 78335, 77035, and 19434) and box items.[/STRIKE]

Also hunting for a cashfail tutorial as well--a general myshop tutorial would be excellent.

UPDATE:​ I have done this and if I may say, do NOT do this...well, okay, not exactly. I'm not sure what I did, but I ended up breaking my GameServer programs. All the other servers work fine, but my GameServers just go nuts about the items, rapidly flinging error messages too quickly for me to read, and close. I manage to catch many "*item ID number goes here* is not ItemID!!" errors, so I know it has to do with whatever items I modified. However, going back to an older libconfig did not fix things.

My best guess in terms of fixing everything would be changing these settings database-side. Not fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OP updated with some new info

Also hunting for a cashfail tutorial as well--a general myshop tutorial would be excellent.

I must admit - I don't remember how to set up MyShop with the files here. They're awful. There was something going on with classic ASP and some ugly SQL Server connection string.
I rewrote the MyShop backend in Laravel. If you hack into LifeTO and steal the files to the cash backend, I'll tell you how to set that up.

By the way, you don't need to change anything on the GameServer. No idea what you did there. Are you still in that one development server on Discord? If so, @ me.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@iceblade112 I want to tried to setup triskter server. I have seen that you recommend Windows server 2012, but I don't wantto reinstall my windows. Is it work on Windows 10, thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OP updated with some new info

I must admit - I don't remember how to set up MyShop with the files here. They're awful. There was something going on with classic ASP and some ugly SQL Server connection string.
I rewrote the MyShop backend in Laravel. If you hack into LifeTO and steal the files to the cash backend, I'll tell you how to set that up.

By the way, you don't need to change anything on the GameServer. No idea what you did there. Are you still in that one development server on Discord? If so, @ me.
That's odd. All I did was change the ExistType from 1 to 0 on all items without a Myshop (Ncash) price. Could that be it?

And no, I'm not on there anymore. A link back would be nice, since I'm back to working on my server again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, if I may, I'd like to add links to TSgiveaway and TScampmakeover, for distributing items and My Camp stuff respectively. Just in case the questions come up again. These do NOT create items! (I bet you can add custom ones though, if you make them and can figure out the XML files...)

TSGiveaway:
TScampmakeover:

These links are courtesy of Taylor's post here, which has a couple other neat tools.

EDIT: In config.ini (for both programs), be sure to add your SQL info where it says "Server="

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, if I may, I'd like to add links to TSgiveaway and TScampmakeover, for distributing items and My Camp stuff respectively. Just in case the questions come up again. These do NOT create items! (I bet you can add custom ones though, if you make them and can figure out the XML files...)TSGiveaway: TScampmakeover: These links are courtesy of Taylor's post here, which has a couple other neat tools.EDIT: In config.ini (for both programs), be sure to add your SQL info where it says "Server="
Do you know how to summon monsters ? Or change number of bosses's spaw ? That would be nice as well.Tks ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you know how to summon monsters ? Or change number of bosses's spaw ? That would be nice as well.Tks ;)
Summon, yes. You'll need to look into the GM tools in the Releases forum.
Change number, no.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
iceblade112 - Trickster Season 2 FAQ - RaGEZONE Forums

some items can't be compound and display "advanced compound failed" message right after the compound process ended. (no stat chage and compound item is not consumed)
capes and mask cannot be put in compounding slot.
is there any solution for this ?

Last edited:
Back