Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help me with TO-toolbox translation problems

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need a little help here with my dat/idx files. Since it involves the Toolbox, I figured I'd post here.

I was given an English-translated libconfig. After compiling the toolbox and editing/exporting the libconfig (dat and idx), I tested it out...and my client crashes. This I can tell you for certain...

1. All I edited myself was the screen capture string, after I tested it a few times (still didn't work, just remembered that it was a thing).
  2. The config is two kilobytes larger than the default one. I think that's the problem.
  3. I read something about decrypting the file by changing a byte in a hex editor (0x01 to 0x00 I think?) to tell the game it's not encrypted of something? This was in the translation thread, a few pages in. If this is the solution, please let me know how to do that.
Here is what I changed it to...
Zaq40xi - Help me with TO-toolbox translation problems - RaGEZONE Forums
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Libre Trickster

I need a little help here with my dat/idx files. Since it involves the Toolbox, I figured I'd post here.

I was given an English-translated libconfig. After compiling the toolbox and editing/exporting the libconfig (dat and idx), I tested it out...and my client crashes. This I can tell you for certain...

1. All I edited myself was the screen capture string, after I tested it a few times (still didn't work, just remembered that it was a thing).
  2. The config is two kilobytes larger than the default one. I think that's the problem.
  3. I read something about decrypting the file by changing a byte in a hex editor (0x01 to 0x00 I think?) to tell the game it's not encrypted of something? This was in the translation thread, a few pages in. If this is the solution, please let me know how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

What was in the screen capture string before you modified it?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

And which server would that be? You're going to have to be really specific so I know if I can laugh or not...
Alright, you asked...LifeTO. I believe you run that server?
Please understand that someone gave this to me. I didn't decrypt it myself.

EDIT: I peeped around the servers and found this in FLS. I swear, 1226 means something...
9c2MJiU - Help me with TO-toolbox translation problems - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT et deux: Well, this is odd! I took the Taiwan libconfig and updated just the ScreenCaptureString table...and it somehow works just fine! Whatever libconfig I was given appears to be what's crashing the client.

xlAoBHO - Help me with TO-toolbox translation problems - RaGEZONE Forums

EDIT et tres: I may have just solved my own problem! I noticed the tables were in a different order on the XML I got. Compare the unedited XML:
KS1r4Ao - Help me with TO-toolbox translation problems - RaGEZONE Forums
versus the XML I got:
PGhE3EM - Help me with TO-toolbox translation problems - RaGEZONE Forums

Looks like I have much work ahead of me...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score

Alright, you asked...LifeTO. I believe you run that server?
Please understand that someone gave this to me. I didn't decrypt it myself.

Yeah, I run it with Sky. Anyways, I don't mean to sound like a penis, but please don't use our work. It's crashing on purpose, kind of like an anti-theft thing.
Anyways, the order of the tables doesn't matter. That's just from how we build the XML file.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah, I run it with Sky. Anyways, I don't mean to sound like a penis, but please don't use our work. It's crashing on purpose, kind of like an anti-theft thing.
Anyways, the order of the tables doesn't matter. That's just from how we build the XML file.
My apologies, I'll delete it right away. I'll let my source know as well.

Upvote 0
Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@Timer Just because you can't plug-n-play LifeTO's libconfig, doesn't mean you can't read and learn from their translations. Personal use is always OK. Oh and if you succeed in re-translating the libconfig, please release your work for everyone's benefit :) as you have benefited from ours.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Timer Just because you can't plug-n-play LifeTO's libconfig, doesn't mean you can't read and learn from their translations. Personal use is always OK. Oh and if you succeed in re-translating the libconfig, please release your work for everyone's benefit :) as you have benefited from ours.
Will do! Alas, I'm no coding junkie, and the only way I can think of translating from here is importing tables from eTO. One at a time...phew.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Could you tell me pls, what the program did you use. I downloaded the to toolbox but I dont know how to use it

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you tell me pls, what the program did you use. I downloaded the to toolbox but I dont know how to use it
Yes, TO-Toolbox. Have you compiled it? If not, I can send you mine. Took me a bit to figure out myself

Upvote 0
Back