Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Noob Question, INI Manager

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Howdy. Probably going to be told to "Translate it" but, I happen to be playing around trying to understand the source and so on.
Anyhow, I eventually hope to "Finagle" something together for nostalgia sake.
Stuck here.
PHP:
Ini Loading Time(3337ms)2019-03-20 19:20:51],[  <MEM> [P:954.2617(+1.7930) V:1266.7852(+1.6914)] GameInfoMgr-Init ChrInfo-End (3448ms)2019-03-20 19:20:51],[  <MEM> [P:954.2734(+0.0117) V:1266.7852(+0.0000)] GameInfoMgr-Init CompoundInfo-End2019-03-20 19:20:51],[  <MEM> [P:954.4023(+0.1289) V:1266.7852(+0.0000)] GameInfoMgr-Init ZoneInfo-Start2019-03-20 19:20:51],[  INI Table Not Found - (NpcMsg_Path_SW_Npc110,No)/NpcMsg_Path_SW_Npc110_No2019-03-20 19:20:51]
This is the output in running the gameserver. I looked through the DB trying to find resembling tables and even looked through tons of logging.
Need help understanding the SystemServer/MasterServer/GameServer/Database relationship.
Also, I need help identifying where the INI table is being loaded from in the DB. The Libconfigs are English latest client and obviously do not contain this table.

No intentions on going public, but would love to understand the more! Any teachers willing?

Reaction score
It's not being loaded from the database - if the table doesn't exist in the XML file, the server will crash.

You _can_, however, set the database load option, though I don't know how that works.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any idea or where that would be decided? I've searched through with IDA and Hex editors on all the binary files. I can't find the process or where the call is made. IS that with these executables or yours as well? Does that mean the Client and Server libconfigs don't have to match?

I need to know a lot of assembly and packets to make that workaround possible, hmm..?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Any idea or where that would be decided? I've searched through with IDA and Hex editors on all the binary files. I can't find the process or where the call is made. IS that with these executables or yours as well? Does that mean the Client and Server libconfigs don't have to match?

I need to know a lot of assembly and packets to make that workaround possible, hmm..?

Yup, the client and server libconfigs don't have to match. The issue with that is that you'll likely have issues in some places though.
Don't try to skip the exception that crashes the server when it detects a nonexistent table - it'll crash when you try to access the table. IDA and hex editors won't be able to help you this time.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
THANK YOU for the advice and some wisdom. Right now I'm just trying to find an ample place to start. At this point it's difficult when the limitation of information is a must for obvious reasons. Years I've been curious about emulation of this game lol. Man, it's completely nostalgic to me. On topic, is there a way that you know of to "simulate" a table? like, Null or blank? Dancing with my mouse waiting for an answer lol.
Sorry for my late post btw, had to go out of state for a week.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Back