Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to clear Datebase ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I config 496 server for myself, and have one question. How to clean datebase ? For example nick account progress etc ? For example I create acc, create char, play few minets and delete them. After 7 days (change clock time) I enter in acc and try create character with same name as deleted, but system say that a nickname already engaged, and how to clear that info I don't know.

Reaction score
if the character is actually deleted it will allow you to create a new one with that name. if it's not letting you do that you need to wait for it to open the name up

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if the character is actually deleted it will allow you to create a new one with that name. if it's not letting you do that you need to wait for it to open the name up
How long wait ? I mean: I delete char using change of system time and restarting server. Theoretically, if I do not turn off the server, everything will be deleted correctly and the nickname will be unlocked, but I don't know that.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
How long wait ? I mean: I delete char using change of system time and restarting server. Theoretically, if I do not turn off the server, everything will be deleted correctly and the nickname will be unlocked, but I don't know that.

the problem is you did it by changing the machine's time, not letting the server update itself.
in gamedbd there is this:
[Role]
delete_timeout = 604800

which comes to: "7 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds."
change delete_timeout to something shorter, say "600" and it deletes in 10 minutes instead of 7 days

simply change this, load the server and wait the time, and the characters will delete themselves

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the problem is you did it by changing the machine's time, not letting the server update itself.
in gamedbd there is this:
[Role]
delete_timeout = 604800

which comes to: "7 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds."
change delete_timeout to something shorter, say "600" and it deletes in 10 minutes instead of 7 days

simply change this, load the server and wait the time, and the characters will delete themselves

Yes I found that param, but problem still exist. When I try create new character and enter nickname like on deleted character (fully deleted), system say something like "That name already in use". This my problem, nickname locked somewhere, I think somewhere in datebase, but why and how fix that.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yes I found that param, but problem still exist. When I try create new character and enter nickname like on deleted character (fully deleted), system say something like "That name already in use". This my problem, nickname locked somewhere, I think somewhere in datebase, but why and how fix that.
it's a problem because of how you went about deleting it. as far as how to release the name from the database.. look at gamedbd source of ANY version and see what functions you can call for it

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's a problem because of how you went about deleting it. as far as how to release the name from the database.. look at gamedbd source of ANY version and see what functions you can call for it
It's too hard for me, but I think I found why nickname locked, it's file dbf/uname/dbdata/rolename
I found my UTF-16 nickname inside. And if replace that file with old one (backup), nick unlock.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
they want to release a name not delete the entire db... if that advice was given as a joke it is really not funny
If he only tests by himself, this is the simplest and most crude way

Upvote 0
Back