Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Bug][LunaPlus] undefined behavior when PAK file above 850mb

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys,
I have 1.1gb character.pak file that giving me bug. NPC model doesn't load, and in luna folder > Data > MissedObjectList.txt there's a bunch model filenames for NPCs eg. N001.CHX, N002.CHX and goes on, which mean luna client cannot find those files. the undefined behavior I meant NPCs are gone from map. I already tried in Alker Halbor.
I re-check and yes those NPC model files IS exist in npc.pak. I also tried to extract them and check each of them via modelview and no error.
same bug occurs for map.pak if its size above 850mb.
luna client didnot crash so MSVC2003 cannot debug it.

however,this bug did not occurs if I using 738mb character.pak file and all PAK file smaller than 850mb. I check in Alker Harbor with smaller PAK Files and all NPCs are shown up.

can someone direct me to where I should fix the code? or maybe tell me how to fix it, please.

FYI: I using Memiko's sourcecode.

Reaction score
Huh,that's odd. Maybe some of the model files in the pak are messed up.. You're better off using a clean pak file and adding the models and files you want to it instead.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
kidbuu. I alread tried that too. anyway, it is fine now.

fou gilang. thankyou for the hint. its true that problem because those num. I thought source problem because size of pointer or something like that.

for anyone having same issue: search "InitializeFileStorageWithoutRegistry" .
look at 35000. that num is used for maxfilenum. changing it to 45000 fix loading bug.

problem solved. thanks all.

Back