Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Job change Crash

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, ima Trying to fixing this prob, when ima trying to change to a job that Crash the game, (i saw all the elf jobs crash the game), appears a message saying

"buffer overrun Detected!"
"a buffer overrun has been detected which corrupted the program's internal state..."

any has any idea to fix it, pls

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think the buffer overrun error shows up due to the texts in npc or quest (or somewhere, can't really remember) bin file is too long. You can easily fix this in the code by increasing the buffer size where the buffer overrun error triggers. The other way is to debug the code, find the text (string) that causes the error, find the bin file which contains that text, and then truncate/shorten it.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sorry if disturb and ty so much!, you remember which file has that? ima working with memiko's source code, i rlly apreciate this info, ty so much!, the prob is on Elf Jobs and some both jobs, like knight or paladin, but all human jobs are totally correctly and can be changed ezz, except some 6th Jobs, like LORD, Arch brezzer, Arch templar, and elf ones bassically

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is the crash happened when you click on dialog? I remember such error happened when I take a quest dialog, it's a problem with a class which had tail and head pointer, I forgot which files sadly, the best thing to do is to attach debugger and you will find out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oohhh, oky oky, and how ima do that, sorry if i disturb and answer later, ima so busy in the uni and this, but ty so much for help i rlly appreciate, and yep that happen when ima try to change to that job At job change manager and that crash the game, just doing the job change, after clicking the Dialog

Back