Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there. Here I am again with, unfortunately, more server troubles. I've got the vital portions of the server up and (able to stay) running just fine, but unfortunately, I am unable to connect. Every time I try to, I'm greeted by this.

3aJj1I - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums

Yeah. Not fun. (Not sure how the watermark got there.)​

However, please let me explain:

• My two accounts, my main GM one and a test account, were created and activated with no problems.
  • I have hexed the client and opened all related ports (Port 10103 is blocked for some reason, but I've changed it to another port) on both the server PC and my router.
  • What happens when I log in is that when I do, it hangs a few seconds and displays said message.
  • I'm using the repacked server files (OS is Server 2019) and Fasa2008's edited ProjectG file. This may contribute to the problem, however. (Server config was updated accordingly)

If it helps any, I have a couple of theories as to what may be wrong.

• The game doesn't like that I edited its place in the registry. The stock client uses "Pangya_Th" and I've changed it to "Pangya_HIB" because I play on a server that uses the same files.
  • I don't have the updated files. I've not been able to find them (links are dead) so I have to use the 580.85 client with a 584.04 ProjectG file.
  • The edited strings do not make the game happy. (See the "connecting as" one)
  • Something else I've not listed.

I know this section isn't exactly active, but I would really like some help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check

IP in Login server ^ ^
Checked it--it's my WAN IP, which is what I want it to be. However, I may have made some progress. I decided to reboot my server PC to see if that fixed anything. While I'm not quite sure on that, I did see something new pop up in the login server...

WcU8zQe - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm not exactly sure if it's progress (or normal!) but I don't recall seeing this before. I didn't modify the ODBC, either.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
before using the alluseropen cpomando, use the start command
There's a start command for login server? I never saw that in the tutorial!
DWmAgZb - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums

I tried connecting, but unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem. Thanks for the tip, though!

EDIT et dos: I've found that though some of my ports are supposedly open both server-side and router-side, they're supposedly blocked anyway. I wonder what's up with that.

EDIT et tres: I found this nifty little command prompt...command that has helped a good bit:
Code:
netstat -a -n
and I've managed to find some interesting things.

First off, it seems my Login server port (10102) is not able to do much.
7l5HtgI - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums

Seems my Auth, Messenger, Bind, and Game servers (in that order) aren't doing much better.
VT6hWr - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums

Oddly enough, my Auth server is producing ODBC commands, but none of the other ones are. (Login doesn't do this anymore)
qLfmXKh - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums

I'll keep trying to figure something out, but I'm not quite done yet. In my Pangya_Login_IP_Log table (under Pangya_S4_TH) I managed to find two recorded instances of me logging in--even though I never did. I wonder what's up with that.
kqD6rlS - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
alluseropen

in login command

Timer - Season 4.9: Cannot connect to login server - RaGEZONE Forums
Tried, but no luck. My login server port is still connecting to "0.0.0.0:0" while my game server port is not showing up under my IP at all (but under "0.0.0.0")
Also, two auth server connections (<my IP>:7911) are going on at the same time. Huh.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that my auth and login server programs are a bit picky about showing the "DB Connect" lines. Sometimes they'll show and sometimes they won't.

Upvote 0
Back