Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Adding Talics to Talic collector NPC

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I edited anything RF Related and that's how I ended up here.
Skip to the end if you don't want to read my entire process.

So me and some friends decided to setup a server again. I ended up being the main working force for editing a lot of stuff. Everything felt weird and I messed up a couple of times making very stupid mistakes :p

Editing monster HP/Def/Attack/Level/Loot, worked out in the end, even though I made some mistakes along the way.

Editing Potion npc's was kinda funny as I completely forgot about client side. Making be feel like a noob all over again :p

However when I started editing the *talic collector npc* I ran into a nasty problem. Well I know the solution should be really easy as I have done it before on another server but I just can't remember.

I edited the storelist.dat and made sure the shop total was 14(the amount of different talics in the NPC). I used all the correct talic codes I triple checked it.
I edited the store.dat and made sure *Number in shop* and the *Item codes* was correct.
I changed all the *Shop codes* to *17* Because I thought all talics where the same.
And that was my biggest mistake so far and also took me about 2 hours to remember how to sort of fix it. (This mistake causes you to not being able to buy the talics and they will show a red price indicator.)

I had to go to Item.dat and go to resource and change the talic shop codes to *17*(only resto talic is *17* by default and the others are something like 273)(now this is client side)
(so now my client no longer shows a red price indicator, however when I buy it the game disconnects. Meaning there is probably a conflict somewhere between the server files)

So now my question is: Where should I search Server side to solve my problem.(or if my mistake is due to something else please tell me)

If anyone can help me or send me in the right direction please feel free to do so :p

PS, I did use the search function :p

Update.

Maybe it could be in ResourceItem.dat

Anyways if anyone can help me please feel free to do so :p

Update.

Tried editing resourceitem.dat but no succes.

Update.
redid everything from scratch but still no success.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Update.

I think the problem was in Resource item.dat
I can now buy talics from talic collector.

Summary:
Step 1.edit store.dat and storelist.dat. make sure you did everything correct.
Step 2. edit item.dat and change shop code from 273 to 17.
Step 3. edit resourceitem.dat
Then your done.

When I finish with making the server I will make some tutorials.

Good luck everyone on adding talics to npc's

PS you can close this now as I have already solved the problem.

Upvote 0
Back